SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Analytical Lab Environmental Condition (Temperature & Humidity Control Limit)

B

blueicecube

Dear Forum Members,

Xin Nian Kuai Le!

I was wondering if anybody can help me to find temperature and humidity specification for general analytical lab (chemical & microbiology work).

Thank you very much for your advice.

p/s Would really appreciate standards/reference other than NSCL since that standard is almost impossible to get at this part of the world. Thank you :)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

blueicecube

Re: Environmental Condition (Temperature & Humidity Control Limit)

if only its for calibration lab....

its for chemical analysis and/or microbiological lab..

thanks!

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Re: Environmental Condition (Temperature & Humidity Control Limit)

if only its for calibration lab....

its for chemical analysis and/or microbiological lab..

thanks!
I am sorry.... my sleepy eyes last night missed it :)

Regarding the environmental conditions in an analytical / microbiological lab, it is purely for operator comfort. Even the ISO 14644 does not specify limits.

Generally, a temperature between 20 - 25 deg C and Humidity of 40 - 60 % is manintained.

Z

zamclachia

I disagree that the temperature and humidity is "purely for operator comfort".
The temperature and humidity should be controlled to ensure that the operating environment does not adversely effect the integrity of samples been analysed or the the integrity of the measurement.
I do agree that the environmental conditions should range "a temperature between 20 - 25 deg C and Relative Humidity of 40 - 60 % is manintained".

Here are some random thoughts:

• Possibly more importantly is that the temperature should be as stable as possible. Fluctuations in temperature does have an affect on your analytical equipment. As an example HPLC without a column oven. Even with a column oven I have seen it where the environmental temperature exceeds the set column oven temperature.
  • Volumetric glass ware is calibrated @ 20 deg. C

• A RH of 20% or less causes problems with analytical balances and electrostatic discharge.
  • If your laboratory is performing moisture or Total solids analysis using a drying oven, RH may be more important to you.
  • I would have a critical look at what analysis is been performed and the effect of temp and RH would have on my final result I am reporting. Set your limits accordingly.
:2cents::2cents:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Tolerances for Analytical Balances General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D Tolerance when verifying an analytical balance General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
C FDA on changing acceptance criteria re: analytical method validation US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
M Analytical Test Instruments Used in V&V Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
K QMS Software Recommendations for an Analytical Laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
V For Analytical Laboratory Equipment, is PQ = Calibration Criteria? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
K Validation of an Analytical Method that relies on Multi-Variate Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
V Pharmaceutical Analytical Method Validation and Gauge R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
V Drift and Variation over Time of an Analytical Balance. Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
K Do we need to perform Analytical Method Validation upon Relocation? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
AnaMariaVR2 Innovation In Assays And Analytical Methods Urgently Needed [article] US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
I Statistical Stability for the PQ of Analytical Equipment Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
A Writing a Procedure for Validation of an Analytical Method General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
J Log Book for Analytical Balance Calibration Verification General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
H Analytical Balance Calibration and Verification General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
Q FDA Bacteriological Analytical Manual (BAM) - Health Care Items Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
J Flexural Strength Testing - Analytical Laboratory recommendations for Testing Alumina Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
Q Analytical Tools to increase or improve Analytical Skills Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 1
V Operating Range & Calibration for Analytical Balance General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
E Process Capability Analytical Tools Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
F How to determine Minimum Weight of analytical Balance Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 11
smryan Analytical Scale - Seeking brand and buying advice General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
G Analytical Balances - Looking for Variance Source Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 14
H Analytical Environmental Laboratory ISO 17025 Registration Scope ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
J Association of Analytical Communities validation study data - How deep should I go? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Geoff Cotton NWA (Northwest Analytical, Inc.) SPC software - Your Opinion, Review and Experiences Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
C Time Crunch on ASQ's More Analytical Exams Professional Certifications and Degrees 12
O Analytical Method Transfer Approval and Use Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
B Validation vs. Confirmation in the context of an Analytical Laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
C AIAG Attribute MSA - Analytical Method - Page 135 of MSA manual 3rd edition Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
R Document for daily check of analytical balance and criteria General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
R MSA Analytical Method Acceptance Criteria and Requirements Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
P Pareto Charts - Analytical tools - Form Attached Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
H Food and Drink in Production Areas - Manufacturer of FDA analytical and diagnostic ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
F Environmental Requirements E-Lab General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
B AS9100D 7.1.5.2 Calibration or Verification Method using outside cal lab AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
S Where do l get calibration standards to run a calibration lab? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
U Does *anyone* know a lab that will test to EN 455-4 Medical Gloves shelf life determination? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R Calibration lab environmental monitoring General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
I IATF Lab Scope Testing Qualification and Competency Documentation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S Qualification question - ISO 13485 - Setting up a small lab Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
H Can a calibration lab still use ISO 6789:2003 as guide for torque calibrations Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
F Position of Quality Manager - Can the organization's Quality Lead be shown as Quality Manager of the lab as well? ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
W My company is looking to start a materials testing lab that conforms to ISO17025:2017 ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
P Testing lab in India IEC 60601-2-25 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
M Microbiological Testing Lab - Layout & Standards Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
D USFDA vs NRTL/IEC 17025 Differences - Compliance testing lab ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
D USFDA vs NRTL/IEC 17025 Differences - Compliance testing lab US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
S How many of you are using Robotic process automation for calibration lab management? ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
C Must your reference standard provider be ISO17034 certified to meet your testing lab's ISO 17025 certification requirements? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2