SBS - The best value in QMS software

Analytical Scale - Seeking brand and buying advice

smryan

Perspective.
Hey good folks! Happy Holidays! Santa insists I find my own scale, but stay in budget. Budget won't allow another Mettler Toledo, so I Google and find brands I have no familiarity with.

Are there any brands that I should avoid, based on my fellow Cover's experiences?:D

Thank you, and Peace & Joy of the Season to you all!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Re: Aanalytical Scale - Seeking brand and buying advice

I have always had good luck with Sartorius balances. But, and I know you know this,:) you get what you pay for.:D

I would suggest that if you cannot purchase a balance with the resolution, accuracy, etc. that you need, you might want to hold off. An instrument that cannot meet the required specifications is worse than having cockroaches in the house!:lol::lmao:

smryan

Perspective.
Re: Aanalytical Scale - Seeking brand and buying advice

Ah, Sartorius is one of the unknown, so that tis good to know. Thanks.
The other unknowns are Acculab, Apex, Denver Instruments, A & D and Symmetry.

The only Den. Inst. I find, though, in the buget are from a discontinued line - so that seems like a "no" to me. ($2000 for .0001g precision - .001g if we have to.)

J

jfgunn

Sartorius would be my 1st choice.

A&D would be 2nd.

Don't bother buying one of the others.

I suggest you buy the Sartorius from a dealer and NOT A CATAOLG. If you buy one from a catalog and something goes wrong, the warranty service can be difficult.

M

merrick65

I would go with the A&D over the other brands you specify: Acculab, Apex, Denver Instruments, and Symmetry. I would also follow the advice of jfgunn and buy from a dealer and not a catalog house.

V

Voodoo Queen

Mettler Toledo is our first choice - haven't purchased a Denver in ages.

I've heard of some calibration/PM providers selling used equipment from labs that have/are ceased/-ing operations. If you work with any external providers you might want to see if they participate in any such programs.

Z

zamclachia

I was raised on Mettler Toledo balances. However Sartorius has never let us down either.

There are relatively cheap Mettler balances which we have purchased recently. They do not make coffee for you in the morning, but they are stable and fit for purpose.
See the "Classic Level Analytical Balances"

Budget may be a limiting factor, but as mentioned before - You do get what you pay for.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Tolerances for Analytical Balances General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D Tolerance when verifying an analytical balance General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
C FDA on changing acceptance criteria re: analytical method validation US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
M Analytical Test Instruments Used in V&V Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
K QMS Software Recommendations for an Analytical Laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
V For Analytical Laboratory Equipment, is PQ = Calibration Criteria? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
K Validation of an Analytical Method that relies on Multi-Variate Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
V Pharmaceutical Analytical Method Validation and Gauge R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
V Drift and Variation over Time of an Analytical Balance. Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
K Do we need to perform Analytical Method Validation upon Relocation? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
AnaMariaVR2 Innovation In Assays And Analytical Methods Urgently Needed [article] US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
I Statistical Stability for the PQ of Analytical Equipment Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
A Writing a Procedure for Validation of an Analytical Method General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
J Log Book for Analytical Balance Calibration Verification General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
H Analytical Balance Calibration and Verification General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
Q FDA Bacteriological Analytical Manual (BAM) - Health Care Items Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
J Flexural Strength Testing - Analytical Laboratory recommendations for Testing Alumina Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
Q Analytical Tools to increase or improve Analytical Skills Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 1
V Operating Range & Calibration for Analytical Balance General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
E Process Capability Analytical Tools Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
F How to determine Minimum Weight of analytical Balance Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 11
B Analytical Lab Environmental Condition (Temperature & Humidity Control Limit) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
G Analytical Balances - Looking for Variance Source Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 14
H Analytical Environmental Laboratory ISO 17025 Registration Scope ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
J Association of Analytical Communities validation study data - How deep should I go? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Geoff Cotton NWA (Northwest Analytical, Inc.) SPC software - Your Opinion, Review and Experiences Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
C Time Crunch on ASQ's More Analytical Exams Professional Certifications and Degrees 12
O Analytical Method Transfer Approval and Use Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
B Validation vs. Confirmation in the context of an Analytical Laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
C AIAG Attribute MSA - Analytical Method - Page 135 of MSA manual 3rd edition Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
R Document for daily check of analytical balance and criteria General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
R MSA Analytical Method Acceptance Criteria and Requirements Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
P Pareto Charts - Analytical tools - Form Attached Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
H Food and Drink in Production Areas - Manufacturer of FDA analytical and diagnostic ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D Limited Range Calibration - 5000 lb Industrial floor scale General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
supadrai Remote Opportunity - Large Scale Glove Factory QMS / RA / Legal Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
A Attribute Analysis for colour matching scale Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
A Earth leakage current test for Permanently installed Large scale MEE IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
G APQP Scope and scale tool APQP and PPAP 2
G Glass scale calibration at 74 degrees F? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
N Heavy tare to simulate high load in a routine sensitivity test of a floor scale? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
G Does pitch/increment/resolution of a ruled scale apply to measurement uncertainty as line item? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 10
WEAVER Electronic Weighing Scale Calibration Tolerance Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
dhuot1990 USP 41 Hanging Scale - Is it possible to make a hang scale adhere to USP41 Standards? ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
Q FDA 3500A Reports - Trip and Fall - Weight scale with a fold out platform Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
Q Weigh Scale Electronics - Suggested Storage Humidity and Temperature Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
G Uncertainty of staging a short line scale standard on longer measuring machine? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4
A Does the scale for counting need Validation? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
G Sample Size, Significant Figures, Scale General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
S IEC 60601-2-27: What does "linear within ±20% of the full scale output" mean? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6