Andy Murray wins Wimbledon, ends 77-year British drought!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ndy-murray-novak-djokovic-mens-final/2496659/

No need to chin up, England. Wimbledon is yours again.

On a brilliantly sunny Sunday afternoon, No. 2 Andy Murray knocked off top-ranked Novak Djokovic 6-4, 7-5, 6-4, ending 77 years of British anxiety.

Scotland's Murray, 26, is the first British man to win Wimbledon since Fred Perry won the last of three consecutive in 1936.

Congrats Andy !

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
CONGRATULATIONS to all our British Members and Moderators with the Wimbledon win from Andy Murray. :applause: :applause:

77 years? I call that patience!! :agree1: :agree1:

There's another phenomenal Brit kicking butt, but that's another story..:D

CONGRATULATIONS to all our British Members and Moderators with the Wimbledon win from Andy Murray. :applause: :applause:

77 years? I call that patience!! :agree1: :agree1:

There's another phenomenal Brit kicking butt, but that's another story..:D
Coincidentally, he won on July 7 (7/7) after 77 years and on Sunday (7th day of the week) :)

P

pearson114

I think it's also worth noting, that he has reportedly donated his entire ?1.6m winnings to Cancer Research.

I'm British, but don't particularly like Andy Murray as a person. He can appear arrogant and disrespectful towards certain fans (I.E not from Scotland). But what I can't deny is his talent as a tennis player and his generosity following this donation.

Fair play to the bloke! And finally something for Britain to cheer.

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ndy-murray-novak-djokovic-mens-final/2496659/

No need to chin up, England. Wimbledon is yours again.

On a brilliantly sunny Sunday afternoon, No. 2 Andy Murray knocked off top-ranked Novak Djokovic 6-4, 7-5, 6-4, ending 77 years of British anxiety.

Scotland's Murray, 26, is the first British man to win Wimbledon since Fred Perry won the last of three consecutive in 1936.

Congrats Andy !

And in straight sets too. Not only a win, but a decisive one.

Top Bottom