Anniversary of the First Trans-Atlantic Flight 100 years ago - June 2019

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Most of what we hear about are advertising gigs. Amelia Earhart's husband was a "promoter", for example, and her last flight was essentially intended to get her back in the news and popular enough to be able to "retire" with speaking gigs and such. Her life story is very interesting. I highly recommend seeing Amelia Earhart | American Experience | PBS

Lindbergh was also a quite colorful fellow... You won't find this in history books :read:Charles Lindbergh's Secret European children

I had never heard of the Navy flight, either. An interesting history tidbit. I love these things

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc The 500th Anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci who died in May 1519 World News 1
Jen Kirley A Landmark Anniversary - My how time flies! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
AnaMariaVR2 150th Gettysburg Anniversary Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
somashekar Reflections of a great human being - Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 3
Stijloor 39th Wedding Anniversary Covegratulations 23
Stijloor Beatles fans swarm Abbey Road on album anniversary Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Marc 40th Anniversary of the Woodstock Festival - 1969 to 2009 World News 25
Q Suggestions for 50th wedding anniversary present? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 13
Marc 40th Anniversary of the original Star Trek - From the I'm Getting Old Department World News 22
Marc 50th Anniversary of the First Hard Drive - Sept. 13, 1956 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
Jim Wynne Moon Landing Anniversary Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 27
K No Internal Audits For Upcoming IATF Trans Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
shrutisancheti Exact Classification for Trans Radial Compression Device per EU directive 93/42/EEC EU Medical Device Regulations 2
T Skip Lot Sampling Plans (SkSP) - Oil for Trans Fatty Acid Content Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
ScottK Can someone clarify the Trans Fat thing? i.e. What = Bad Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
C Probability of Atlantic tidal wave Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Top Bottom