Annual Gage and Part Layout - Is this a requirement?

J

JaySturgeon

I have had more customers (all Tier 2) tell me this and that requirement is in the QS requirements. None of which is ever true.

I now have a customer telling me that annual gage and part layout is a QS 9000 requirement.

This time I need some help. As I recall, this is customer specific and Chrysler requires annual part layout. I do not remember any mention of gages. That would be set up under your frequency of re-certification I would think.

Can anyone tell me if in fact there is a requirement for annual part layout.

Thanks,

Jay

:bonk:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
The QS requirement is customer specific.
Layout Inspection and Functional Testing - 4.10.4.1​
A layout inspection and a functional verification (to applicable customer​
engineering material and performance standards) shall be performed​
for all products at a frequency established by the customer (see Section​
II). Results shall be available for customer review.​
Apart for initial submission of gauges I don't remember any annual check.
Anyone?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Annual Validation as a detection mode on a PFMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 5
P ISO Class 8 particle count (annual certification vs monitoring) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
E Annual PPAP+ deviation request ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
A Question on ISO 14001:2015 - Are annual audits required? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
JoCam Increase to bi-annual ISO 13485 audits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S Is Annual QMS Training Required? ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M Informational Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency Annual Report and Accounts 2018 to 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational TGA – Medical device annual reporting – Sponsor obligations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S. Moore Is an Annual Layout Inspection the same as an Annual Re-validation? Internal Auditing 1
M Informational FDA Invites You to the 2019 Regulatory Education for Industry (REdI) Annual Conference Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S Post Market Surveillance and Annual Product Review in ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
qualprod Annual SWOT for 4.1? I plan to revise quality objectives and strategic route ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
qualprod ISO planning annual meeting? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
JoshuaFroud CDRH Annual Report - eSubmitter Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
B Does anyone charge for annual layouts? APQP and PPAP 8
V How to Add Annual Revalidation requirements to Control Plan? FMEA and Control Plans 5
K Is an annual "audit schedule" the same thing as an audit scope/ audit plan? Internal Auditing 8
S What questions to ask in annual supplier evaluation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Annual Layout requirements for PPAP/Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 6
W "On An Annual Basis" - Definition ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
D FDA Guidance Document for Preparing Annual Product Reviews US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
Q FDA - Annual Report Submission Format and QMS updates Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
R Registrar Annual Management Fee Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
F ISO/TS 16949 internal audit scope and annual plan Internal Auditing 2
B Annual Internal Inspector Certification Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
S Is an Annual Supplier Evaluation an ISO 9001 requirement? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
D Annual Layouts in Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 5
T Clause 7.4.1.2 - Evidence of annual assessments for all non-TS Suppliers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16
K Bi-Annual ISO 9001 Surveillance Audit Help ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
R QMS changes before Annual External Audit Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 8
M Do QC inspectors need an annual eye exam according to API Q1 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 22
J FDA Annual Product Review (APR) Requirements US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
J Annual Reporting requirements to Health Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 9
J PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) Requirements for Annual Revalidations APQP and PPAP 1
Y Training Plan/Schedule - Can anybody share a format or template for annual training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
SATHYABALARAMAN ISO Systems Annual Report to Top Management example wanted IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
V Annual Performance Appraisal - Person vs. Function/Business Career and Occupation Discussions 5
S Annual Stock Check - Where to add it into our Quality Manual? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
5 Missed Annual Business Goals and Objectives IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
B TS16949 Annual PPAP Submission Requirements for Ford and Chrysler Parts IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
K AS9100 Implementation, Registration and Annual Costs to maintain Registration? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
J Annual PPAPs - Keeping Up with Hundreds Of Customers And Hundreds Of Part Numbers APQP and PPAP 12
K Does Australia require any annual registration or license renewal for Medical Devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
K Annual License or Registration Requirement for Europe (MDD 93/42 EEC) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
A SOP for performing Annual Product Reviews for Medical Device and Pharma Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
D How to Update Annual Quality Objectives Annually? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
I Does TS 16949 clearly require an annual product re-validation? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
H Annual Training Requirements (ISO 13485) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 13
Mikilk ETO Sterilization - Annual Report of all Sterilization Validations to send the NB EU Medical Device Regulations 3
K Annual Internal Audit Plan to Audit Everything? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11