Annual PPAP+ deviation request

Eliska1994

Registered
Good day, could you please help me with few questions? We written in contract with customer that we must do requalification exam. We have chceck list from customer by the first sampling and there is stated annual PPAP with measurement and other results. Do you think that i can measue parts and send to customer the results with PSW?? Do you think that it will be enough? or i have send CP, FMEA and other documents as the first by sampling.

And the second question
I would like know, if we received non- conformance, and we must immediately do corrective measures and change process of production for example added 100% control we have to expose deviation request to customer? or it is covering 8D report?

Thank you for your advice

Johnnymo62

Haste Makes Waste
For your first question: I have had to submit PSW, ballooned drawing, layout results, material certification (less than 1 year old) and verify compliance to any other drawing notes. No FC, P or PFMEA. Customers do vary so you should ask.

Second: I think this also depends on the customer. I don't think you can get a deviation approved by your customer without explaining how you will be controlling the suspect product. They will probably need to have a lot of confidence your company will protect them from a worsening part condition.

Eliska1994

Registered
For your first question: I have had to submit PSW, ballooned drawing, layout results, material certification (less than 1 year old) and verify compliance to any other drawing notes. No FC, P or PFMEA. Customers do vary so you should ask.

Second: I think this also depends on the customer. I don't think you can get a deviation approved by your customer without explaining how you will be controlling the suspect product. They will probably need to have a lot of confidence your company will protect them from a worsening part condition.

Děkuji ti za tvou radu. Jsem začátečníkem kvality, takže se toho ještě hodně naučím. Mohl byste mi prosím odpovědět ještě, firma může podat žádost o odchylku, pouze pokud chcete informovat zákazníka o odchylce? A kdo za to platí? Je to zákazník, který pokaždé platí za odchylku?

And when is written in PSW Reason for submission tooling inactive more than 1 year, it is mean so about the machine inactive more than 1 year or concrete production are don´t produce more than 1 year but on the machine produce something else?

T

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
It seems to me for both questions I would need a copy of your customers supplier quality manual.

Do you have that yet?

Also, isn't it IAQG that publishes the PPAP book? I seem to recall there being a couple of different types. One type was PSW and Control plan, where another type was closer to what Johnnymo was talking about, with bubbles and FAIRs and Gage R&R, where another type was use customer provided forms.

So even with the IAQG reference you still need to know what the customer wants. Same goes for response to non-conforming product.

Top Bottom