Annual Stock Check - Where to add it into our Quality Manual?

spacey

Involved In Discussions
Dear Elsmar Cove members

I am in the process of creating a new QM and QMS for an company which we are aiming for certification to ISO9001 later this year.

Currently struggling at the moment with where to add the annual stock check into our QM

We see the Annual Stock check as a key process within the stores procedures of the organisation therefor we have created a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for this and it is listed as a SOP in the manual

I am thinking to add Stock check under 7.5.1 as control of production and service provisions or should this be another part of the manual

Your thoughts would be welcome.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Re: Annual Stock Check

Currently struggling at the moment with where to add the annual stock check into our QM
Do not choke yourself. There is no need that you mention annual stock check process in your quality manual.
The annual stock check is a very good process.....
Good monitoring and measurement of inventory performance process.....
so 8.2.3 clause is your guide.
You have created a SOP and this SOP is referenced in the manual.
So all is well....
Smile and progress ...

spacey

Involved In Discussions

Do not choke yourself. There is no need that you mention annual stock check process in your quality manual.
The annual stock check is a very good process.....
Good monitoring and measurement of inventory performance process.....
so 8.2.3 clause is your guide.
You have created a SOP and this SOP is referenced in the manual.
So all is well....
Smile and progress ...

Many thanks

All is going well I think, have created a manual which references to Docuemented Procedures and SOPs

Just cross referencing the manual and SOP now

Last edited:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Many thank

All is going well I think, have created a manual which references to Docuemented Procedures and SOPs

Just cross referencing the manual and SOP now

There is no requirement for such cross-referencing. If you want to do it anyway, just pick a clause that seems appropriate.

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
Dear Elsmar Cove members

I am in the process of creating a new QM and QMS for an company which we are aiming for certification to ISO9001 later this year.

We see the Annual Stock check as a key process within the stores procedures of the organisation therefor we have created a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for this and it is listed as a SOP in the manual

I am thinking to add Stock check under 7.5.1 as control of production and service provisions or should this be another part of the manual

Your thoughts would be welcome.

It's obvious that you perform the annual stock check, but there is no need or requirement to document this activity as part of ISO 9001.

Top Bottom