Another ethical breach. Toyota this time.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
And yet another high profile ethical breach. Can hardly wait for the ISO standards on corporate governance to be enforced. :sarcasm:

Ed Panek

QA RA Small Med Dev Company
Leader
Super Moderator
Is this similar to the volkswagon issue a few years ago? Oh wait I reread the article. This is not emissions cheating but direct safety testing? Yikes

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
Per the article, multiple car manufactures say "None of the violations affect the vehicles’ safety.". I am curious, why would I believe a company about the safety of a vehicle when they got caught falsifying safety certifications? I know history proves me wrong time and time again, but I would like to think at some point people would really stop believing the corporate double talk (sigh, one of these days I will not be so wrong).

Slightly off topic: Boeing Exec: "We are going to transform our company culture to one of safety." Boeing Exec is startled looking at a door flying through the air: "Please don't look at the doors that just blew off the plane".

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Super Moderator
Fraud is fraud regardless of degree, yet there (from what is shown above) are some profound differences vis a vis VW and Toyota...due to the deeply ingrained culture of misplaced arrogance and greed discovered at VW, the Feds placed an in-house baby sitter...aka an agent of change at VW Corp, this person may still be in place.

Strangely enough, I purchased a VW product (not affected by the Diesel-gate scandal)...and to this day the VW Service manager believes VW was wrongly tarred and feathered in the public square....loosely quoted..."VW really wasn't cheating, it was not premeditated...etc"

Top Bottom