ANOVA/Regression - Analyzing a Dataset which contains over 4500 Points

S

snickers2190

Hi all,

First timer here. I am hoping this is the right forum and that someone could point me in the right direction.

I am analyzing a dataset which contains over 4500 points. Almost all the independent variables are indicator variables. It so happens that at some levels of the variables, there is no recorded response. For eg., a cross tabulation between Organic and Preservative gives me -

Rows: Organic Columns: Preservative

1 2 All

1 158 0 158
2 1042 2333 3375
3 0 1065 1065
4 60 14 74
All 1260 3412 4672

As you can see I have 0 responses for 2 set of combinations. Because of this, I can not run an ANOVA or a regression model which contains the interaction term between organic and preservative. It is important for our research to look at the interaction terms!

So any advice on how to go about it? My stats prof said there maybe ways to add additional constraints to make the model run, but I wasn't able to find any. Alternatively, I am also open to the idea of running a different statistical analysis to include the interaction term.

Any help would be appreciated Thanks, in advance.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Please clarify: Do you mean that the zeroes are missing values, or the number zero?

S

snickers2190

No they are not missing values but zeros (i.e.) they are no recorded values at those levels of organic and preservative.

Top Bottom