ANOVA Results

tacom

Involved In Discussions
Let's assume 5 people work in the laboratory. Their method verification studies were carried out and very good results were obtained. That is their precision and trueness are very good.. In addition, these people compare their results with each other in accordance with the " intralaboratory comparisons;" requirement of 17025 (clause 7.7.1 j). For this purpose, they first compare their variances by performing the Cochran test and get appropriate results. Then, when they perform ANOVA to compare the arithmetic mean they see, the "F" value is greater than the "Fcritical" value, so it is concluded that the results of at least one or more people are inconsistent with the others.
In summuray , they all work in accordance with the test method but the arithmetic means of the people are not compatible with each other according to ANOVA . Is this nonconformity against 17025?

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
This only indicates that there is a statistical difference between their means. It does not indicate that the difference is of any practical significance. That is a business decision that you make.

Archimedes once said: "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world".
Miner says: Give me a large enough sample size and everything will become statistically significant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom