ANSI/ASQ Z1.4. for CQE Exam

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

indubioush

Quite Involved in Discussions
Most certainly you do not. I would guess that they will provide the AQL tables in the content of the exam. They will test you on your ability to read the tables they provide.

John Predmore

Trusted Information Resource
That was not my experience. I recommend you do not guess or rely on another person's guess to answer your question. The source you should rely on is the ASQ.org website under CQE Examination preparation:
"All examinations are open book. Each participant must bring his or her own reference materials. Use of reference materials and calculators is explained in the FAQs." [emphasis added]

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
IIRC I did need to bring my own sampling table. Z1.4 and MIL-STD-105 are essentially identical, so you can bring the free tables from the latter to answer questions.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'll add that Acheson Duncan's Quality Control and Industrial Statistics (of which I've noted in another post that it has MIL STD 105D) was the only reference I ended up using during the CQE exam (though that was back in the last century) of the stack of materials I took to the exam.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
I'll add that Acheson Duncan's Quality Control and Industrial Statistics (of which I've noted in another post that it has MIL STD 105D) was the only reference I ended up using during the CQE exam (though that was back in the last century) of the stack of materials I took to the exam.
:oops: Wow. Either that book is quite a broad reference or you remember much more than most of us mortals. I'm guessing the latter.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's very broad = 1,123 pages. Though I also had the advantage of being a student in a master's level course being taught from the book, from a professor that did a peer review of the book before the edition was published.

indubioush

Quite Involved in Discussions
That was not my experience. I recommend you do not guess or rely on another person's guess to answer your question. The source you should rely on is the ASQ.org website under CQE Examination preparation:
"All examinations are open book. Each participant must bring his or her own reference materials. Use of reference materials and calculators is explained in the FAQs." [emphasis added]
Agree. Scratch what I said.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Is using ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008 the correct sampling plan to determine Pass/Fail of Apparel measurements? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
Q ASQ/ANSI Z1.4–2003 (R2018) Change Log? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
C AS9100 rev D 8.5.1 c 2 - Defining the Machine in-process frequency per ANSI/ASQ Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
F ANSI ASQ Z1.4 - Is the following process acceptable? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
WCHorn AS9100 and Sampling - ANSI ASQ Z1.4 C=0 Conflict AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
S Using ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 to Reduce Impact of Field Service Campaign AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 17
A Where to obtain ANSI/ASQ Z1.9 C-1 and D-1 tables Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
S ISO 2859-1 or Ansi ASQ Z1.4 in using AQL or AOQL - Need Help Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
A ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 tables for C=0 - Setting up a robust Sampling Inspection Scheme Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
J AQL Inspector Ruler based on ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2003 AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 2
S Applying ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 given known lot size and 100% visual inspection AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 2
A New version of ANSI/ASQ Z 1.4-2008? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
P ANSI/ASQ tables (Z1.4) / OC Curves - Percent accepted, how'd I do? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
howste ANSI/ISO/ASQ QE19011S-2008 - information on 2008 version? General Auditing Discussions 6
L ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q10005-2005: Quality management ? Guidelines for quality plans Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Hershal ACLASS purchased by ANSI-ASQ General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
J ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2003 Sampling with Skip Lot Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
R ANSI/ASQ Z1.9 on-line acceptability calculator Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
Wesley Richardson ASQ has posted ANSI/ISO CD1 9001:2009, ANSI/ISO CD1 9004:2009 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
Steve McQuality ANSI/ASQC Z1.4-1993 vs. ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2003 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
L ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2003 - Page 13 in reduced sampling code "M" sample size Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
T Where to find ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2003 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
C Ansi/ASQ Z1.4 C=0 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
4 ANSI/ASQ Z1.4, Section 6.2 Nonconforming Units Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
S Sampling Plans - Inspection Levels I, II, III - I'm looking at ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2003 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 20
T AQL for Laymen - ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 - MIL-STD-105 AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 15
Douglas E. Purdy ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2003 - 1993 version vs. the 2003 - What changes were made? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
D Need to purchase ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 & 1.9 - Sampling Procedures and Tables - Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
J Designing a Mil-Std-105 or ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 Sampling Plan Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 49
N Database that lists labs accredited to ASTM / ANSI standards Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 6
A ANSI/AAMI versions of 60601-1-2 and related testing requirements Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
B FAI and ANSI Y14.5 Trailing Zeros and Print Tolerances Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
Nicole Desouza Sampling plan for a customer who wants AQL 1.0 (per ANSI Z1.4) AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
S Medical Device Endotoxin Testing for ANSI/AAMI ST72:2011/2016 Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
Sidney Vianna ANSI acquires full ownership of ANAB - December 2018 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 0
Proud Liberal Surface finish measurement (roughness) - Rz under the ISO standard vs ANSI standard Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
M Which Version of 60601-1 to Purchase (IEC, EN, ANSI...)? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
L AQL ANSI z1.4 & z1.9 - What are the differences between these 2 standards? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
J Can ANSI Z1.4 sampling plan be used for sampling alone without the Acc/Rej criteria? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
M AAMI/ANSI 11135-1:2007, EO Sterilization Other US Medical Device Regulations 8
N Database (Like ASSIST) to subscribe to & have access to new SAE-AS & ANSI standards Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
E Cleaning Validations for Reusable Products - ANSI/AAMI TIR30:2011 Requirements Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
V Locking in a Standards Version (ANSI Z1.4) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
K Can I use ANSI/AQL for the Total Number of Containers for the entire Lot? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
G Where to find the ANSI Z1.9 Rosetta Stone Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 9
A Calibration system must meet ISO 10012, ISO 17025 or ANSI/NCSL Z540? ISO 17025 related Discussions 38
M What Preceded ANSI/ASME Y14.5? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
M GD&T (ANSI Y14.5) Perpendicularity Callouts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
M ANSI/ASME B1.2 Revision Changes from the 2001 version Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
L Steam Sterilization Validation per ANSI ST 79 Other Medical Device Related Standards 2