Antiviral Mask or Mask to Mitigate or Control Corona Virus

We need some advise on the proper mask to procure or order for the corona virus. Is surgical mask an overkill? Or, could we just invest on buying earloop mask?

What is the best respirator mask to handle the corona virus spread? 'Best' means in terms of price and structure.

Is ASTM F2100-11 enough to claim antiviral?

Regards,

Regards

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
We need some advise on the proper mask to procure or order for the corona virus. Is surgical mask an overkill? Or, could we just invest on buying earloop mask?

What is the best respirator mask to handle the corona virus spread? 'Best' means in terms of price and structure.

Is ASTM F2100-11 enough to claim antiviral?

Regards,

Regards
You can google this and find out what the recommendations are. I just did that.

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
You can google this and find out what the recommendations are. I just did that.
I did and it is confusing, nCov is about 0.125 microns.The mask N95 could handle 0.3 micron. The earloop does not handle less than 100 micron. I am looking for other mask which antiviral claim. I am not sure what the health workers in CHina is using.

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Could you share your relevant researches in google?
I simply googled "which mask is effective against coronavirus."

I also googled "do I need a mask for coronavirus." The very first hit is from the World Health Organization -

World Health Organization said:
  • If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.
  • Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
  • Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
  • If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.

L.Soad

Involved In Discussions
If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
THIS. wearing a mask if you dont take it properly (with clean hands, and with a certain motion) is USELESS.

More and more governments ask people to leave masks for the healths services are these are in limited quantities. EDIT: and they know how to use them

Please if you dont work in the medical field, dont buy any masks and stay home as soon as you have any symptoms (dry cough, fever...)

Al Rosen

Holed-up in a Hotel in South Florida
Staff member
Super Moderator
N95 are the only ones that might be effective and there are none available. Just google it. You may get it delivered in a month or even later.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
From WHO:
If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.

From Al's sig line:
You May Ignore the Facts, But They Still Remain

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Surgical mask stability testing (CE mark) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Risk managment report of Surgical Mask Example ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 14
S Technical File for Surgical Mask in Class 1 MDD Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 1
M CE self-certification for Class I device (face mask) EU Medical Device Regulations 9
I Selling medical gown and mask in China China Medical Device Regulations 0
S Oxygen mask and nebilzer mask Applied standards EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A An Example of a Risk Analysis Report for a Class II Medical Device (Oxygen Mask) ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 29
J EU Regulations - Food (beverage used to mask the flavor of contrast agent) EU Medical Device Regulations 6
S Do we need to submit our memory foam oxygen mask gasket for FDA approval? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
D Need help on correct material composition of solder resist or solder mask in PCB for APQP and PPAP 1
C How about the classification under 93/42/EEC? Sterile oxygen mask ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
M Employee Wears Respiratory Mask, but a Respiratory Mask is not required Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 41
P CE technical file - Buying Surgical Mask from China ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
Marc GM tried to mask its billion-dollar third-quarter loss with bright news World News 15