Any experience with the SME/AME/Shingo/ASQ Lean BOK/Certifications?

David-D

Involved In Discussions
Does anyone out there have experience with the series of Lean certifications (Bronze/Silver/Gold) offered by AME/SME/Shinto/ASQ and their underlying Body Of Knowledge (BOK)?
http://www.sme.org/lean-bronze-certification.aspx

I'm thinking of going in that direction and looking for the merits of their program and if there is any respect for it in the community? I'd appreciate anyone's experience at any level: understanding the BOK; going for certification; deploying your knowledge; working with/for/hiring those with the certifications; etc?

Thanks,

David

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have not had experience with any of these 'certifications'. So I can 't speak directly to their value. I have however, trained and hired people with lean or TPS expertise/experience/training.

In my experience, learning lean through a company supported program as part of a company deployment or standard practice is the best way to 'learn lean'. Classroom learning and taking a test are OK as a start! but there is nothing that replaces practicing the methods in real life under the guidance of a highly experience coach is the best way to move from remembering to pass a test to a deep understanding, knowledge and ability.

So if your company is not actively deploying or already an established lean company, then these certifications will give you a start - but to be truly helpful to you, you will need to join a company that is actively pursuing lean as a company culture....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BeaBea Registrars with VAR (Value Added Reseller) experience Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
Q Experience with Adobe Sign Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
S Experience working with TUV SUD or Rheinland, and/or BSI Registrars and Notified Bodies 5
C Experience with Agile PLM (Product Lifecycle Management Software) software from Oracle? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
Gamula Product-Lifecycle-Management Experience Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 9
D Experience with De Novo applications Other US Medical Device Regulations 8
M Honda Audits - Does anyone have any experience with the QAV audit? General Auditing Discussions 3
Q Does anyone have experience implementing a QMS without ISO certification? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
T Training and experience - How do I document my experience and training Career and Occupation Discussions 5
D AEA (Aerospace Experience Auditor) Challenges - Finding availability of AEA for witness AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
QIE Anyone have experience with BPA Quality (QMS system based on Office365/Sharepoint) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
Rameshwar25 Min working experience for IATF 16949 third party auditor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
W Does anyone have any experience with the Easy Metric System? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
1 ISO Registrar with waste water treatment experience Registrars and Notified Bodies 1
A Anyone have experience with Transmille calibrators General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
D Has anyone here had any experience with PQ-FMEA software? FMEA and Control Plans 1
C IATF 16949:2016 New CSR (CQI´s) - Share your experience IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Has anyone completed IATF 16949 Certification - Share your Audit Experience? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
W Problems with our new Auditor (a Ph.D. with four months experience) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 25
E Does anyone have experience implementing a Tiered QMS? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
Moncia Complaint / Non-Conforming Product / CAPA Procedures - Please share your experience ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
L How to get more Auditing Experience Career and Occupation Discussions 11
R Does anyone have any experience on change control? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
ScottK Does anyone have experience with how MDD unanounced audits of suppliers are going? EU Medical Device Regulations 21
D What is your experience with FDA using "mixed load" i EO sterilization Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
P CQE Work Experience - New to Industry Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
S Any experience on filling form, FDA 3654 for the DICOM standard? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
A Does anyone have experience providing a summary of Pre-IDE discussions in the 510k US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
K SSBB Qualifications and Experience Requirements Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
S IRCA Lead Auditor Certificate based upon Work Experience ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
A MDS software - Does anyone have experience with iPoint? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 8
P Experience / advice for integrating API Q1 9th with a WCM program Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 5
D Experience with Notified Body - ITC from Czech Republic for Medical Devices Registrars and Notified Bodies 15
J Experience with Licensale Submission Portal for Medical Devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
N Willing to share my experience ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
M Does anyone here have experience implementing PCI DSS (Data Security Standard) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 10
M Offered Management Position - Limited Experience - Any Concerns? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 13
GStough Rx-360 - Has Anyone Used This and What Was Your Experience? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
B Japan PAL QMS Audit Experience Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 5
D Minimum requirements/experience/qualifications to be head of quality Career and Occupation Discussions 6
J Does anyone have experience in submitting TSE Dossiers to EDQM? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
I Validation Software Experience? (Valgenesis, etc.) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
Colin Anyone with Experience of BS EN 1090? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
D Any experience with Target Corporation Audit of Factories Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
P MDD position on Final Inspection/Release Employee Experience/Training EU Medical Device Regulations 1
SteveK Technical Files Sections ? Have you the experience asks a NB? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
R Does any one have experience on Xinco software? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
M Pursuing AEA (Aerospace Experience Auditor) Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
SteveK Experience of IEC OD-2004 2nd Ed., 60601-1 and Risk Management Files? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
P Smoky Mountains - Extreme/Adrenaline/Once in a Lifetime Experience Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 15