Any folks have article, insight about Lean / Lean manufacturing to share?

A

amanbhai

Any folks have article, insight about Lean/ Lean manufacturing etc & want to share with me? thanks

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
amanbhai said:
Any folks have article, insight about Lean/ Lean manufacturing etc & want to share with me? thanks
Do you belong to ASQ? We have a Division/Forum formerly known as Advanced Manufacturing Interest Group which is now called Lean Enterprise Forum.

Several of us here at the Cove also belong to Lean Enterprise Forum. What is your particular interest or concern? Are you just curious or is there some pressure in your work life which triggers your interest?

You can learn more at:
http://www.asq.org/le/about/index.html

Or ask some specific questions here in the Cove and we will try to answer them.

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

I enjoyed the three newest(?) books by Norman Bodek available through PCS Press ("The Idea Generator", "Kaikaku", "All You Gotta Do Is Ask"). They are easy reads and focus on releasing and capturing your operators' improvement ideas.

A

amanbhai

Lean Manufacturing

Wes Bucey said:
Do you belong to ASQ? We have a Division/Forum formerly known as Advanced Manufacturing Interest Group which is now called Lean Enterprise Forum.

Several of us here at the Cove also belong to Lean Enterprise Forum. What is your particular interest or concern? Are you just curious or is there some pressure in your work life which triggers your interest?

You can learn more at:

Nope, I don't have any presure from anyone, but as a quality professional I have to know all these things. I'm planning to work for Six Sigma & maybe taking six sigma exam (Infuture) from ASQ. An instructure offered to teach me six sigma BB but I don't know where to get experince & etc.

C

ccochran

Amanbhai,

Here are a few articles of mine that address "lean" thinking from a management systems standpoint. I hope they're helpful.

Craig

Attachments

• Lean Management Systems by Craig Cochran.pdf
    131.8 KB · Views: 852
  • Lean Management Systems Revisited by Craig Cochran.pdf
    59 KB · Views: 529
  • Lean Supplier Management by Craig Cochran.pdf
    63.4 KB · Views: 934
J

Jim Howe

Dont Think Small-Think Lean

Craig,
Have just finished reading your article "Don't Think Small-Think Lean" . One particular paragraph brought back images of frustration:

Documents must be reviewed and approved by every manager. With good intentions, some organizations stipulate that all key managers must review and approve all documents. This only slows down the documentation system and adds useless bureaucracy.

Specifically the idea that all key managers must reviw and approve the document. Some time ago, as a QAE at Goodyear Aerospace, I wrote several QAI's (quality assurance instructions) for various programs. Each had to be circulated to obtain the required reviews and approvals. I can remember waiting not just days or weeks but months at a time before getting final approval. You see Craig, as you point out, there was something like 24 signatures needed in order to approve the QAI. This was a MIL-Q-9858A environment. I often wondered what value all these signatures yielded. Of course the idea was that once approved no one could say I did not know that or I never agreed to that!

Thanks for making the article available! :applause:

Jim

A

amanbhai

Article ... Lean Manufacturing

thankyou for contributing the artice. For sure it will be beneficial to me.
thanks again.
ccochran said:
Amanbhai,

Here are a few articles of mine that address "lean" thinking from a management systems standpoint. I hope they're helpful.

Craig

A

amanbhai

Lean Manufacturing

I have different Forum right now at ASQ, but I want to change the forum to Six Sigma/ Lean Manufacturing. I tried to change through asq website but it didn't work. Do I need to pay them to change forum from one to another?

Wes Bucey said:

You can learn more at:

W

wmarhel

Wes Bucey said:

There is: Lean.org

and

NWLean

Both are offer articles and discussion on Lean.

Wayne

Top Bottom