SBS - The best value in QMS software

Any future for someone working as Lead Quality right these days?

B

basaru78

Greetings to all Coveites!

I have been working as Lead quality in a company at Hyderabad in India since 20th November, 2013.My responsibility is conducting Internal Audits and MRMs quarterly.

I Being a graduate in Computer Science and Engineering, find I haven't been doing any work relevant to my academic credentials.

Now, I wonder,if I continue to work as Lead Quality for a couple of years here in the same company, what will be my job prospects two years further down the line?Is there really at all any future for me in Quality or shall I opt for other avenues especially Software and IT? Please enlighten me on this topic.

The company I work for has almost 100 employees and we deal with Digital Display Boards for showing the status of trains arrival and departure and Indian Railway is our coveted customer. Besides this,we deal with Integrated Passenger Information System( IPIS) for the railway industry in India.We have almost five different products catering to the needs of Indian Railway Industry.Hope this gives you people a clear idea of what I have been actually into.

Wishing a 'Happy & prosperous New Year 2014' to you and your near and dear ones,

With warm regards,
Basaru

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Wes Bucey

Quite Involved in Discussions
I write a LOT about careers - how to get a job, how to get a raise, how to change jobs, how to change career paths, how to change industries, etc.

Every topic, though, ultimately is based on the candidate doing one thing well: RESEARCH!

Research the industry, research the companies, research the individuals who make the decisions, research what successful people in your chosen field have done in their lives and careers to achieve that success.

So, in a simple start, look within your own company at what job YOU would like to have. How did the current incumbent get there? How are you like him/her? How are you different? Is the time and effort to attain the position worthy of the ultimate reward (pay and status?)

In another thread (SAM), I discuss creating a Skills Assessment Matrix (SAM) to help a candidate organize his thinking about his career path. It's not a ten-minute exercise. It takes, time, dedication, and RESEARCH to create a worthwhile SAM, but once you do, you will have an easier time in developing goals and achieving them.

Q

qpled

Wow - sounds like a great company to work for! I agree with Mr. Bucey. If possible learn about (and take courses in) many of the opportunities at your company that interest you, so that it will be possible to move to another job internally if you ever want/need to. Even though your degree is in CS and Eng it does not mean that you have to be a programmer/designer. There are many other positions available where you may find yourself using the logical thinking you had to apply to your studies - such as quality management.

The world of CS changes so quickly! You may need to keep up-to-date using online classes, etc... in case you want to go back to it in the future. I do believe there is a future for you in quality as well if you want it, going by what I see on a daily basis. There are so many standards and regulations that most businesses need to keep up with along with internal audits, CAPA, CI, etc... that the opportunities should be around for quite awhile - IMHO.

G

gtb113

Basaru,

Working in "quality control" or as an auditor for your organization will teach you many important lessons that will aide you during a transition into other positions, companies and industries. Having an understanding of management systems, developing and maintaining them to meet customer requirements will strengthen your understanding of what makes a successful business and how they can be continually improved. The grass is always greener on the other side, but while you're on the side you're on, learn all you can and try to appreciate that the organization you're currently with has a developed management system that enables it to meet it's customers objectives. The management system basics can be carried across all industries and allows you to understand customer focus.

Best of luck to you!

Glen

TPMB4

Would you say that experience in a quality field in one sector is often transferable into others? You often find automotive quality guys ending up in aviation sectors and vice versa. So basically experience in the Quality role you have could open doors into other sectors. That surely gives you more options should the current sector take a nose dive and jobs are on the line.

Mind you, you will have to make a decision at one point whether to stick or move on to a more techie software role. That is a decision you make and live with but quality is a good field to be in I think. I have to say that as I'm in it now!!

gpainter

One has to keep their goal in focus! Is this a stepping stone or is this a stepping stone that has replaced your goal??

B

basaru78

Greetings to all coveites!

The last two months have been very torturous for me.I was ushered into quality-something less travelled. I didn?t know that time what was in store for me.I had been in a dilemma. Now with the right guidance from Great Gurus (Quality) like Wes Bucey,Glen,apled, ,TPMB4, it has been crystal clear for me. So I will stick to Quality and learn as much as I could.

I am really indebted to you guys and Marc (Are you reading?) for hosting such a wonderful forum where experts guide the right way and share their experiences with newbie like me. Let me tell you all one thing ,you have been rendering a yeomen?s service .Please keep up the good work! Thanks once again!

:agree:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D What foreign language proficiency would give the biggest edge to medical device regulatory affairs professionals in the world today or in future? Career and Occupation Discussions 6
Ronen E Informational The future of MEDDEV 2.7/1 EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M Informational Technology and innovation of human implants | Panel for the Future of Science and Technology (STOA) | European Parliament Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Sidney Vianna IAQG News Future AS9147- Management of Unsalvageable Parts - Previous scrap parts AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
K Reviewing a supplier's ISO 9001 certificate issued for a future date Registrars and Notified Bodies 10
Sidney Vianna The Future of Spaceship Earth - The UN Sustainable Development Goals Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 1
Marc The Future of Geothermal Energy Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
M The future of ISO 14971:2007 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
M Future of ISO 14971 - Possible revision? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 9
F Future Plan for IMDS (International Material Data System) RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
J Potential Customers Asking for EIRs / 483s when evaluating a CRO for future work US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
A Future as an AS9100/NADCAP Auditor AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
Marc Annex SL - Format for Future ISO Management System Standards Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
8 New Job Presentation on my findings and plans for future Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
D What's the future of supplier quality engineer for your worklife? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
Marc The future of 3-D Printing Manufacturing and Related Processes 18
S What is the future of ISO 50001 EnMS (Energy Management Systems)? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
somashekar BAA (Buy American Act) and the future of Asian Economy Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 15
G The future of the Process Approach to Auditing General Auditing Discussions 10
Marc Predicting the Future through 19th Century French Post Cards Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
P Contract up in 1.5 months - How to approach my manager to discuss the future Career and Occupation Discussions 15
M Future revision of ANVISA RDC 59 - Brazilian GMP Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 14
automoto How ISO 9001 could look in the future - ISO 9001 revision (Guide 83) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
AnaMariaVR2 Emergence ? 2011 Future of Quality Study [ASQ] The Reading Room 4
P Future Materials Storage Issue: Is this a finding? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
8 Introducing a Balance Line - Identifying potential future pitfalls etc. Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
AnaMariaVR2 QbD, PAT, and the Future of Microbiology Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
AnaMariaVR2 QA's negligence threatens Ranbaxy's future revenue US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
SteelMaiden What does the future hold for nuclear power? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
Sidney Vianna Future ISO 9001 Variations: "Lighter" and "Higher Level" Versions? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
Marc An iMac "Touch" in the future? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Sidney Vianna The ISO 9000 ecosystem - a clear(?) vision for the future of the ISO 9000 family ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
rob73 Possible future of IFU (Instruction for Use)? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M The near future will be better? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
B CQI-14 (Consumer-Centric Warranty Management) certification required in the future? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 7
A If the estimates are correct Mexico could win a future Soccer World Cup Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 19
Marc Riding the Electromagnetic Wave of the Future World News 4
U eVaro-Future Hybrid Sportscar World News 0
Sidney Vianna The Future Structure of ISO Management System Standards Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 61
R The Future of ISO/TS 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
A Advice for future QM (Quality Manager) in automotive Career and Occupation Discussions 29
Marc The Future - G.E.?s Breakthrough Can Put 100 DVDs on a Disc After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Marc The Future of Harley-Davidson World News 74
D Current Medical Device under 9001 Excluded from future ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
U The Future of Quality Management Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 13
Wes Bucey Consulting ? Is it in YOUR Career Future? Career and Occupation Discussions 63
W ISO 13485 Certification for Future Business ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Q Future hopeful lead ISO Quality Auditor - Please help me here on my quest Career and Occupation Discussions 31
C "Lean" and the future........ Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
H A future in Health Care and Quality Career and Occupation Discussions 12