Any recommendations on good book on Control Plans besides AIAG?

outdoorsNW

Quite Involved in Discussions
Does anyone know of a good book other than the AIAG book, that provides control plan instructions and better sample control plans than the AIAG guide?

The books I can locate (even on Amazon) seem to have very little on control plans. Reviews of the table of contents and index on Amazon show only a very small number of pages (2-6 typically) devoted to control plans.

D

DRAMMAN

IMHO after 20 years at this the AIAG books on MSA, control plans, and FMEA are excellent. I have never seen a book specifically on control plans. Usually CP's will be a topic/chapter in other books. The automotive industry and QS9000 is really where the concept of the control plan gained momentum.

outdoorsNW

Quite Involved in Discussions
I realized that Friday afternoon is not a good time to post.

A bit more information: I work in a high tech high mix, low volume job shop. We are finding that the AIAG guides do not cover some of the questions that people have.

Plus we are finding the engineers need a source to refer to. I am writing a procedure but am finding the writing to be slow going.

While I plan to post some questions here, I would like a source that will provide answers in a few minutes rather than waiting several hours to several days for the replies to come in.

Tom

D

DRAMMAN

I don't think you are going to find books on only control plans. I did quick search and found nothing. You will likely need to look at books on quality planning or APQP. Just post up your questions. The uestions you have are likely not unique because you are high tech, low volume high mix.

Top Bottom