Any recommendations on software for creating hierarchical workflows ?

L

LesPiles

Does someone knows a soft taht could help making hierarchical workflow ? In 1998, when doing my master, I saw something at the time ... but never have stopped on this ...

What I'm looking for exactly is a drawing tool that would allow standard shapes for process descriptions (squares for processes, etc.) but would allow, when we double-cick on it, to open a new level of details ...

Is it possible in Visio ? With the newest release ? Have I to embed layers of some sort (in html, etc.) ?

To sum up, do some people has some experience in this ? someone could help ? :)

Thanks !

LesPiles

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Hierarchical Workflow

Yes it is possible in Visio - I do not know about other shape programs but most if not all of them should have a hyperlinking function. I was just now working with a process flowchart of mine (in Visio 2007) and I can tell you for sure it is possible to link shapes to other files or web addresses.

Even Office programs like Word/Excel/Powerpoint should have the same capabilities with their flowcharting functions. But unlike Visio, I think that you can only link the text within the shape, not the shape itself, at least not without some VBA.

Brian :rolleyes:

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
Re: Hierarchical Workflow

We started using Gliffy a few months ago. In it you can use most of the standard diagramming tools available on Visio, Powepoint, or other drawing programs. But in Gliffy, the symbols and text can be hyperlinks to other diagrams or documents. Beyond Visio, the whole Gliffy diagram can be embedded in any html document, so you can create a network of diagrams (and other documents). This maps accurately what actually exists in any organization. Works great on a wiki.

Top Bottom