SBS - The best value in QMS software

Any requirement that the Quality Policy copies posted in facilities must be signed?

M

MarilynJ6354

Does anyone know of any requirement that the quality policy copies posted in facilities must be signed? We use to have ours signed but we changed management a few times and removed the signature. Now I have a customer, not the ISO auditor, who says the policy must be signed by an appropriate level of company management.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Where do people come up with this stuff?! Our posted copies of the policy are not signed.

Was this an audit? Or was the customer just visiting and made mention?

M

MarilynJ6354

They sent a pre-audit form and we discussed it over the phone. I pointed out that nowhere did it say a signature was required but they were referring to NADCAP requirements. We have a NADCAP certified location and they have never had a signed copy. Yet this form is from PRI so I don't know if they changed their requirements or if our NADCAP auditor always let it slide.

D

ddunn

The way I read ISO9000:2000 nothing is said about signing the Quality Policy.

Top management ensure that the quality policy:
1. Is appropriate to the purpose of the organization
2. Includes a commitment to comply with requirements and to continual improvement of the quality system
3. Provides a framework for establishing and reviewing quality objectives
4. Is communicated and understood within the organization
5. Is reviewed for continuing suitability

Top Management reviews the policy during the Management Review and records are kept of the review.

M

MarilynJ6354

Well I asked them if they ever have any NADCAP findings and they said always minor. I said I haven't had a NADCAP or ISO finding in over 4 years and they said maybe I am just lucky. HA!

R

ralphsulser

I have thew Quality Policy in the Quality Manual signed by the President, and have posted ones both signed and unsigned. No one has ever questioned the unsigned ones. Just passed a TS16949 4 day conformance audit 2 weeks ago, and no mention of it.

C

chergh - 2008

Well I dont know about you guys but in my company we have a huge problem with people sticking policy statements up in random places, if it wasn't for them being signed we would never be able to identify which ones were genuine ;)

But seriously that sounds quite rediculous but its a trivial thing to do and if it keeps the customer happy?

D

David Hartman

chergh said:
But seriously that sounds quite rediculous but its a trivial thing to do and if it keeps the customer happy?
BS!!!! Sometimes the customer can be flat out WRONG, and there shouldn't be anything wrong with telling them. I don't care how trivial the issue. It still is going to cost your company time and money to make copies of a "signed" policy - and I wouldn't be afraid to let the customer know that it can be done, but it WILL be reflected in the cost you are charging them.
:2cents:

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
chergh said:
Well I dont know about you guys but in my company we have a huge problem with people sticking policy statements up in random places...
TeeHee - are they making up their own? :lol:

C

chergh - 2008

ddhartma said:
BS!!!! Sometimes the customer can be flat out WRONG, and there shouldn't be anything wrong with telling them. I don't care how trivial the issue. It still is going to cost your company time and money to make copies of a "signed" policy - and I wouldn't be afraid to let the customer know that it can be done, but it WILL be reflected in the cost you are charging them.
:2cents:
Of course the customer can be wrong, but if a customer was harping on about something as trivial as this I would spend the 2 minutes it would take to get a few words on a wall some where signed. What I would not do is risk the customer moaning about it to my directors or chief execs. It's a trivial and pretty meaningless thing and it's not worth letting it become something bigger.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Is a Quality Policy Statement a Requirement? (ISO 13485) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
C Requirement to link Quality Manual to ISO 9001 clause numbers? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
M Requirement to manufacture under a quality management system EU Medical Device Regulations 4
F Process Review - What is the ISO requirement for reviewing SOPs and quality documentation? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
R ISO 13485:2016 - Quality Objectives Regulatory Requirement Examples ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
P House of Quality Functional Requirement question Six Sigma 4
S Retention time requirement for various for quality records Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 1
R Is a Quality Manual a requirement for FDA registration? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
H Painting Quality Requirement International Standard Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
P GMP or quality system "requirement" comparison for different sector Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
S IQC (Incoming Quality Control) requirement on Electric Power Adaptor for US and CE Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
P NQA-1 Requirement 17 Quality Records - Facility Types and Temporary Storage Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
L Boeing Supplier Quality Requirement Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
J Quality Escapes Procedure (requirement for FAR 21.137 (n)) needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
E 99.5% - Quality Inspection Requirement (Power / Sample Size Selection) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
B Is CQP (Critical Quality Points) a requirement for HACCP? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
Q ISO 13485 Quality Manual Requirement ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
G Regulatory requirement for Receiving Inspection reporting to Quality Org.? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 10
A Can a requirement be a quality objective? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
apestate CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) requisite 8 years experience requirement Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
R Protection of quality records - How are people handling the requirement? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 5
K AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) vs. IRR (Initial Reliability Requirement) AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 6
Marc Quality Records - Storage - Interpreting the requirement Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
E Language requirement DoC EU Medical Device Regulations 3
I QMS monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation requirement - Template ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
J Requirement for Signature on Document Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
C Non-sterile reusable surgical instruments - FDA sterilization requirement Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
L Water requirement for Non-sterile topical OTCs Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
B FDA requirement for CAPA Signoff ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
W Pfmea function requirement and failure mode FMEA and Control Plans 6
Y 510k requirement for bringing in gloves Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S PSUR - MDR First Submission Requirement? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J When PPAPs are not a contractual requirement APQP and PPAP 9
I Overwhelmed with attribute MSA requirement for visual inspection IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
Brizilla Employee Data Privacy Policy - ISO 9001:2015 requirement(s)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
P Clinical Trial Requirement - No equivalent devices in the market CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
J Requirement for Retention of Records of Withdrawn Documents of External Origin Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
T ISO 17025: Lockout/Tagout Requirement ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
A The requirement of the PMS plan--suitable indicators and threshold values EU Medical Device Regulations 0
S Battery powered device - electrical protection requirement IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 18
K Regulatory requirement of SaMD with machine learning component IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
A ASL requirement when the supplier is certified for ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
P Regulatory or registration requirement for disinfectant in ASEAN Registrars and Notified Bodies 1
P IATF 16949 requirement - error-proofing in control plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
C ISO/ IEC 17021 Resource requirement (need help) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
D ISO 14971:2019 vs MDR Annex 1, Requirement #4 - "Manufacturers shall inform users of any residual risks" ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
B IATF16949 audit requirement - Auditor request UCL and LCL must be show Xbar-R, IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
J 21 CFR 821 Medical Device Tracking Requirement 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
J Is Device Tracking Card an actual requirement under FDA regulation? Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
W Misinterpretation of requirement acceptable as root cause? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 19