Any way to execute VDA 6.3 audit remotely?

maggylu168

Involved In Discussions
There are some discussions about executing IATF 16949 audit by postponing or remotely auditing for COVID-19. One of my auto customers has to complete VDA 6.3 checklist for SOP in the half year. The interesting thing is they use that checklist like documents review, and requested for evidences like screenshots of working instructions, pictures of equipment, or video of operators' working. This sounds ridiculous but as of the travelling restriction from COVID-19, is there any reasonable way to replace VDA 6.3 on-site auditing?

MEXPZN

Registered
Hi, did you solve this already? :).

I think all things you mentioned are best way to do it if, you previously define and agree scope and communication ways to perform audit.
For me is a "force majeure Scenario" because of the uncertainty of planning in advance, so, Focusing on identifying some risks for the audit process, (with priority on "special risks" as per elements 4 and 6) , related to not having accurate information, or not being properly verified, and "not sensing" properly ("in situ") some elements, like core tools deployment, people´s "skills on the job", process performance; processes and products CC, CS, safety characteristics, and so on, the KPI´s related to each one should "speak for themselves" and supplier should show a proper risk detection/prevention methodology for evaluation under current scenario.
As Far as I know, NC´s or "findings", after latest VDA revision (2016) are focused on this TOP 5 deviations:
Concerns related to loos of experience and/or turnover, product development, QMS, CSR and Problem solving.
So depending on previous results each supplier should act in consequence.

How was your experience one moth later? :unsure:.

Best wishes!

Lyndonl

Starting to get Involved
I think for many sections, a remote audit will work fine. Document review, planning etc it is not necessary to be on site. For P6 I think on site is definitely needed. Even with a video conference, you will still get a "show for customer" where you will only see what you are supposed to see not what you want to see. I couldn't imagine doing a remote audit for a forging company. If you cant walk the floor, look behind machines, look at how material is stored etc you will miss much in the audit.

maggylu168

Involved In Discussions
Thank you for those replying my questions.
After half a year later, VDA-QMC finally announced a special regulation on Covid-19.
It clearly states Remote Audits will not accepted to maintain the validity of auditor certificates.
I guess VDA 6.3 certified auditors will become less and less as the 2nd outbreak of coronavirus running worldwide everywhere.
Hope everyone here remained safety and healthy.

Top Bottom