Anyone have a good example of a T/E company control plan?

L

Laura M

Anyone have a good example of a T/E company control plan? I'm envisioning one that can get modified slightly, depending on the job, but about 80% of the standard can be covered by it. For example, receiving inspection, in-process inspection (after controls build, before debug), all the way through the 50/20 and MQ runs. This would be for a custom automated machinery manufacturer.

I'm working on one that I think will work out great....just wondered if I'm reinventing a wheel.

Thanks in advance,

Laura

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
L

louie

As a TE supplier, we do not have a "Control Plan" as shown in the APQP manual, we have a project file which covers all the topics - our project managers have checklists to ensure they cover all the requirements and our customer requirements / standards determine our inspections which are designated on our build prints by a box around the measurement required to be within a certain tolerance with an area for the employee checking the tolerance to list the calibrated tool used, date inspected, his/her initials. The measurement taken is noted next to the box denoting the critical measurement. We have totally done away with the "standard" Control Plan form. We still do FMEAs but control our time with a microsoft project timeline showing scheduled (budgeted) hours vs actual hours, so we can make up for overruns in a previous area. Seems to be working fine and passing audit.

Good luck.

M

Michael Busha

Laura,

The PCP (I call it the Build Process CP)is something I sit down with the 1) project manager, 2) plant manager, 3) quality guy (me), 4) other ket personnel as necessary. You want everyone there who has a stake in the process (don't forget purchasing).

I facilitate it(otherwise nothing gets done). We walk through the build process and try to jot down all key events, key characteristics, safety requirements, environmental stuff, long lead purchase/fab items (both in-house and outsourced), R&M stuff, reviews as necessary, production status meetings (can be the same as reviews), inspection events, shipping/delivery, etc.

It looks much like the project manager's timeline (Microsoft Project)if you look at the line items only. The difference is that you do the breakdown columns on tolerance/spec, eval tech, control method, and action plan (this is a biggy, the auditor always looks for it).

If you have "product families", just develop a CP for the family and then use it (change the header info), adding to it if anything changed. I have a typical "Build Process CP" that can be used to start off any customized build project. Saves me time.

The trick is to get the right people to sit down with you, limit the interruptions, and to be sure no important events are left out.

Hope this helps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Hi friends, can anyone show me an example of a procedure for ISO 13485 6.4.1 Work Environment? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
D IATF 16949 - 8.5.2.1 Traceability Plan - Does anyone have an example? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
R Does anyone have example test report of defibrillator IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
P Scope Document - Does anyone happen to have an Example Scope Document (4.3)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
J Does anyone have an example Authority Listing SOP example? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
R Legal Register - Does anyone have an example of a legal register? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Can anyone provide an example of Design Validation Protocol and Report? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
J Does anyone have an example of Risk-Benefit Analysis per ISO 14971? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
A Can anyone share as an example of SOP for Marketing Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
B Does anyone have a Type II DMF Example of a LOA (Letter of Authorization)? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
M Does anyone have an example Customer Property Procedure AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 11
C Does anyone have an example of an ISO 14001 Internal Audit Schedule ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
E Implementing ISO 9001 and an Example of a Quality Manual anyone? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
B Would anyone have an example of an APQP flowchart? APQP and PPAP 8
ISOsandy Cleanroom Log Book - Does anyone have an example of a Cleanroom Log? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
S Does anyone have a good example of a NCM (Nonconforming Material) procedure? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
K Layered Audit Checklist - Does anyone have an example? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
Q SCAR Form - Does anyone have an example of a Supplier Corrective Action form? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
J 8.2.2.4 Audit Plans - Can anyone share an example of their Internal Audit Plan? Internal Auditing 8
S Supplier Scorecard - Does anyone have an example Supplier Scorecard? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 27
J Does anyone have a good example of a laboratory scope? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 6
T Anyone have an example of a calibration method validation procedure? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R Prototype Control Plan - Can anyone share with me an example FMEA and Control Plans 1
P Does anyone have a API Q1 Documentation Package? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
J Does anyone have an excel IATF 16949 Internal Audit checklist I could use? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
Watchcat Anyone had an MDR technical file review/audit yet? EU Medical Device Regulations 13
S Anyone Familiar with "SPC for Excel" add-in? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
M Has anyone has been through an MDR audit? (3/2020) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Has anyone heard of Run at Risk? Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
C Document Control Stamps - Does anyone still stamp their documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 21
B ASA Aviation Supply Association - Has anyone heard of ASA? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
B Has anyone done an IEC 60601-1 gap analysis to IEC 60335? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
D Has anyone had sudden challenges from Korea-MFDS? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
MDD_QNA QR Code Standard ISO/IEC 15417:2007 - Does anyone use it? Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
W Does anyone have an API Q2 checklist for internal auditing? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
Ronen E Can anyone please explain this? (510k submission requirement) Other US Medical Device Regulations 14
GreatNate Metrotom - Does anyone have any exposure to the Zeiss Metrotom 800 or 1500? Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
D FDA Biomarker Qualification Program - Has anyone prepared an application? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
T Is anyone working with N299.1 (Supply/service to nuclear power plants)? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
GreatNate QMS in SharePoint - Is anyone doing this? Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
M Honda Audits - Does anyone have any experience with the QAV audit? General Auditing Discussions 2
G Anyone working with or planning to do business in the CBD (cannabidiol) industry? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
L Has anyone heard of the 2 pan system? Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
Q Does anyone have experience implementing a QMS without ISO certification? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
J Does anyone here use ISOXpress/IMSXpress QMS software? Software Quality Assurance 11
K Does anyone have a copy of a GM 5 Phase Problem solving form Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 1
M Has anyone here assessed the latest Abbreviated 510(K) guidance document? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
M Does anyone has a good verification and validation plan template? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D Has anyone undergone a BARDA (HHS) audit as part of their grant process? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
QIE Anyone have experience with BPA Quality (QMS system based on Office365/Sharepoint) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1