Anyone have experience with Transmille calibrators

adamt

Involved In Discussions
We are a smaller calibration lab and we are using the Flukes 5520A and one of there 8.5digit DMMs for our electrical calibration. We are looking to replace it with another system. Anyone have experence with Transmille calibrators and their 8.5 digit DMM? OR any other calibration systems out there? Thank you for your time.

adamt

Involved In Discussions
This has come up again in our lab. Still looking for anyone that has used both Fluke 5520A or the 5522A vs the Transmille multifunction calibrators.

I really like and are familiar with Fluke calibrators just wanting to get some input negative or positive from techs that have experience with both.

JayTeeHaitch

Registered
This has come up again in our lab. Still looking for anyone that has used both Fluke 5520A or the 5522A vs the Transmille multifunction calibrators.

I really like and are familiar with Fluke calibrators just wanting to get some input negative or positive from techs that have experience with both.

We have Fluke 5522A, Fluke 5320A, Fluke 8505A, Wavetek 1271, Transmille 3041A and Transmille 3200B.

One big deciding factor will be if you're using something like Met/Cal or Procal. Theoretically, both packages should work with all of those, but, having used both, I didn't find a simple way to use the Fluke calibrators with Procal and haven't found an easy way to use the Transmille calibrators with Met/Cal(Although, admittedly, I haven't spent a lot of time on trying to get either combination working).

From the perspective of manual use, there's not a lot in it, really. I've used the 5522A, 5320A and also the 3041A and 3200B as my primary calibrators for long periods. I'd say the Fluke stuff is a little more polished and I'd prefer the 5320A over the 3200B, but out of the 5522A and the 3041A it's a harder call and probably comes down to which one I've been using more recently, I'm having a hard time thinking of any significant features that one has over the other.

If you have any specific questions, I'm happy to answer them as best as I can.

AllTheThings

Involved In Discussions
I've also been eying transmille. The cost difference between them and Fluke can be...Significant. I haven't done a 1:1 comparison between the Fluke 5560 and the Transmille 4000 series though

Top Bottom