API 6D Monogram application "Design Package"?

D

Dicky12

Can anyone help me to define a "design package" that is required for the API 6D Monogram application? Apparently :

If the facility has the ability to manufacture the product and a validated design package for each product, then technically the facility does not have to be manufacturing at the time of application.
Also:
A “design package” is defined by API to mean documented evidence/records demonstrating that the design process for the applicable products was performed in accordance with the requirements of API Spec Q1, ISO/TS 29001 and/or ISO 9001, Sections 7.3.1-7.3.6, inclusive. The design package information must also address all applicable requirements of the API product specification.

So, if we are supplying, but not manufacturing valves would a suitable design package consist of test certificates, inspection documents, MTR's etc?

V

ValveNerd

Re: API 6D " design package" ?

I'm wondering about something similar. I run an assembly and testing facility but do not do design. In fact we just receive components assemble and test them so we really dont do purchasing or machining.

I'm with you Dicky, Q1 is driving me nuts. Consultants charge 40,000 but API has said it's just an upgraded ISO 9000 system.

M

mani.venkatesh

Re: API 6D " design package" ?

Dicky, what in 6D do you manufacture? (GV, PV, BV, or a CV). Let me know, so that I can help you with a briefing in this forum.
As for the reply to ValveNerd, as per API Spec Q1, 8th edition requirement, you need to address the complete clause 7.3 D&D requirements of ISO 9001: 2000(8) & additionally, the Spec Q1 requirements. You may please look into the application and documents section of API website, to get a briefer on this design package requirements

J

Justin443

i am currently going through this right now, do you have any answer on this?

S

Suz10

In the latest edition of API 6D, 24th Edition, Annex E - API 20 Series Supply Chain Management, can anybody share some details on API 20A and API 20E?
How to ensure we comply with this and include in the design package?

Top Bottom