API Q1 9th Edition - My Experiences (A Diary)

U

ubinian

I am from Singapore and have pass the API Q1 9th ed. with 4 Minor AAR. It is interesting to know that there is so much resource available on this site. i would not have to create a lot of thing out from nothing, however, generally, i think what i got is also what all others here are doing. : ) All the best to those who are going for the audit.

R

Rheckler

Just got audited and murdered by a consultant.

One of my findings was that my quality objectives were not measureable so this is what I got as a fix

Quality Objectives
As part of the management review process top management ensures that quality objectives, including those needed to meet requirements for product (see 5.2), are established at relevant functions and levels within the organization. The quality objectives are measurable and consistent with the quality policy.
CMF will Monitor, Measure, and improve the following quality objectives during annual management review
a) Customer Satisfaction
b) Product Conformity
c) Product Traceability
Objectives will be measured using data analysis using NCR, CAR, customer feedback forms and any other data available.

R

Rheckler

same thing just expanded with KPI

Quality Objectives
As part of the management review process top management ensures that quality objectives, including those needed to meet requirements for product (see 5.2), are established at relevant functions and levels within the organization. The quality objectives are measurable and consistent with the quality policy.
CMF will Monitor, Measure, and improve the following quality objectives during quarterly review of the following areas
a) Customer Satisfaction
b) Product Conformity, Corrective action, and preventive action
c) Product Traceability & preservation
d) On time delivery
During quarterly reviews target goals in these areas will be set by management.
Objectives will be measured using data analysis using NCR, CAR, customer feedback forms, and any other data available. Data will be compared to past trends and goals, and be utilized by management to identify needs of improvement and set new goals.
The following Key Performance Indicators will ensure adherence to the quality objectives
a) On time delivery
b) Reduction of Nonconformance
c) Timely resolution in the event of nonconforming product
d) Proper and efficient traceability of raw and finished product
e) Proper executing of corrective action plans with positive resolutions and reduction of risks.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hjulian

Can you please post an updated link?

PS.
Im a new QA manager and this thread is amazing.

H

hjulian

Hi all,

I'm currently working on getting my company api q1 certified. I've made good headway into filling out the conformity matrix but i'm uncertain of all i've filled out and what exactly goes on the tier 3 column. Can someone look at what i have so far and tell me if i need more or less info? For the work instruction column, do you guys have attachments on there also? And lastly, are most of your cells empty on that column?

PS: i named the file audit because thats what im going to use as a template for my first audit. But its the conformity matrix.

Thanks in advance for all the help. I look forward to contributing here soon enough :)

Attachments

• AUDIT FOR API Q1 AND ISO 9001-2008.xlsx
    81.3 KB · Views: 544
D

DP561

Hi hjulian,

We have just had our API audit, have you considered using the API audit report as your template?

D

dmarie83

This information has been extremely valuable, thank you everyone.
Currently I am implementing an API 5CT & Q1 system for a Machine Shop, and I was wondering if any one had a completed Quality Plan they would be willing to share.

Thank you.

Eredhel

Quality Manager
Have you had a chance to look at section [FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]5.7.2 Service Quality Plan? It lists specifics that might be helpful.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

D

dmarie83

I have, I was just wondering what one looked like for an API 5CT system. With all of the machining operations identified.

Top Bottom