API Q1 9th Edition - My Experiences (A Diary)

D

drillit

has anyone developed a template for Management of Change-Risk Assessment-Contingency Planning that you would be willing to share?

P

pjgary

Give me time and I'll have everything. For anyone interested, I have QSM for 9th. PM or email me ( I can't post my email here, but it is on my profile) and I'll give it to anyone. Put your logo and letterhead on it, swap out my quality policy with yours, and you should be good to go. It's 95% in the numbering/format of the Q1 9th spec, which will make it easier for audit. I went into it wanting to combine my last manual, but 9th completely drops ISO format and words things differently so I just said $&%* it and abandoned pretty much everything from old Quality System Manual. What I will give is about 95% done-- everything is there, its just not spaced the way I want it all the way, some things I want to bold or change font colors, and I haven't figured out where to put my charts or if I need to make changes to those, but what is there is everything you will need.

R

Reg Morrison

Put your logo and letterhead on it, swap out my quality policy with yours, and you should be good to go. It's 95% in the numbering/format of the Q1 9th spec, which will make it easier for audit.
An universal quality manual is typically useless because it just regurgitates the standard. What is the point of re-stating the same thing the standard requires? In my experience, quality manuals such as that, serve no purpose.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Reg,

I don't think we need unnecessary negativity here. I have seen many good "universal" quality manuals. I have a few myself that I have shared.

pjgary,

I appreciate the offer. Thank you on behalf of those who it will help.

Marc

Leader
has anyone developed a template for Management of Change-Risk Assessment-Contingency Planning that you would be willing to share?
A quick "Bump". My Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this by sharing.

P

pjgary

It's a template. Get as fancy with it as you want, but it is the bare bones of what you need to pass an audit. I'll regurgitate the spec all day. Where I individualize is with my procedures manual - where I say HOW my company carries out the WHAT that the spec requires. WHAT the spec requires shouldn't change from company to company because the Spec doesn't change. But if you got the time, and you are willing to share a fancy version with everyone, for free, I'd love a copy.

I

Irshad Khan

Time to give back
See the attached generic procedures, any one can customize for their needs.
Feel free to comment, any feedback greatly welcome!

Share and Spread for the benefit of all.

Thanks

Attachments

• CONTINGENCY PLAN.xlsm
    39.8 KB · Views: 986
  • Contigency Planning.docx
    21.4 KB · Views: 581
  • MOC.docx
    27.6 KB · Views: 525
  • Risk Assessment.docx
    26.4 KB · Views: 936
Last edited by a moderator:
B

beckbraqk

Thank you all for the help this forum provides. I found this site searching for templates to the 9th edition changes and I am not disappointed. The only problem I have now is that I have not posted enough to actually PM anyone.

pjgary,

Is there any way that I can get you to message/email me your QSM?

Marc

Leader
You do not need to email him. His documents are here: (broken link removed)

However, he is in the middle of revising them from 8th edition to 9th edition. He has said he will post his revisions as he does them.

Top Bottom