API SPEC Q1 Clause 5.6.1.2.C).2) First Article

jmech

Trusted Information Resource
I think you have a good chance at appealing because it sounds like you met the requirements of 5.6.1.2.C)2.

I would be interested in seeing the exact wording of the finding.

lanley liao

Lingli Liao
I agree with Thee and Jmech. Taudi, you should appeal it for this NC with your supporting evidence on your Mycerts.

prayudha

Registered
just share experience. i think on this case is depend on the auditor interpretation itself. our company has been through this question when audited and our answer is similarly like taudi did and the auditor accept it. the auditor did not raise it any finding for this.

Thee Bouyyy

Multiple Personalities
just share experience. i think on this case is depend on the auditor interpretation itself. our company has been through this question when audited and our answer is similarly like taudi did and the auditor accept it. the auditor did not raise it any finding for this.

Yes, Interpretation is important and I have seen and experienced it that it varies and depends. Yes, I am surprised with it. In @Taudi Afiat case, now it's time to convince the reviewer. Forget about the auditor. Gone is gone now.

Jigar

Starting to get Involved
Hi All, Just open discussion here.
Our organization has been recently audited by API for Surveillance. The auditor took a note implementation of clause 5.6.1.2.C).2). In our organization, we implement incoming receiving inspection and review mill cert of raw material from supplier, then we consider that this activity meet requirement clause 5.6.1.2.C).2). we didn't send out test piece to check the chemical and mechanical composition as the supplier is certified API 5CT.
However, the auditor interpreted the clause 5.6.1.2.C).2) that first article shall be performed by sending out test piece to check the chemical and mechanical composition.

How do you think about the clause?
What kind of activity do you think to satisfy this requirement?

Hello Mr. Taudi Afiat,

as per my experiance standard interpretation is person to person changed, so my suggesion is that you should change your procurement procedure " if supplier have API certified then company will not have been apply first article."

jmech

Trusted Information Resource
as per my experiance standard interpretation is person to person changed, so my suggesion is that you should change your procurement procedure " if supplier have API certified then company will not have been apply first article."
This clearly does not meet the 5.6.1.2.c requirements and should result in a finding, so I do not recommend this approach.

Top Bottom