Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

API Spec Q1 - How to define Management Representative competency for QMS

Yes I am aware that Neither ISO or IATF requires a MR . But we have a NC of API where company fails to show documents on quality manual .So the for NC closure show that MR is not aware of API -Q1 and Training is oraganized for him. But we have received comment .
"MR was expected to be trained prior to assigning the job.

Please explain how you have improved your quality management system, and the control you have in place to prevent recurrence of similar issue within your QMS. "

Jim Wynne

Super Moderator
Yes I am aware that Neither ISO or IATF requires a MR . But we have a NC of API where company fails to show documents on quality manual .So the for NC closure show that MR is not aware of API -Q1 and Training is oraganized for him. But we have received comment .

Please explain how you have improved your quality management system, and the control you have in place to prevent recurrence of similar issue within your QMS. "
Apparently your company assigned responsibilities to a person without determining first if the person had the requisite skill and experience. Because the responsibilities of the position of MR are determined locally--there are no defined universal requirements--it's up to the top management of your company to set the requirements and expectations. Without a lot more knowledge of the inner workings of your company, no one here can tell you how to define the expectations.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin

I've moved the thread since the questions deals with API Spec Q1, which does require the management representative function. As Jim mentioned already, there is no universally accepted body of knowledge for the MR function, but you could use the ASQ BoK Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence as a starting point.

Having specific knowledge of the API Spec Q1 9th edition would also be desirable for the position.

Top Bottom