Appearance Items

T

tattva

Hi! My name is Bill and I recently have been named Quality Management System Coordinator, I know nothing about a Quality Management System.

I´d like to know what an appearance item is?

We make polyurethane foam seats, is this product an appearance item? How can I know if it is? Should I ask my customers if seats are catalogued as an A. I.?

T

tomvehoski

Appearance items are parts that are cosmetically important and seen by the customer. The leather on a seat would be an example. Chrome, paint, dashboards, carpet, etc. are typical appearance items.

There should be something in your specifications/drawings that specifically states if it is an appearance item, and if so what features. Do you have any color, texture, grain, etc. requirements? If so it might be one. If it will never be seen by the person who buys the car, probably not.

Tom

T

tattva

A.I.

Thnx Tom!

We don´t dress the seat, so i think A. I. does not aplly. Anyway I´ll ask our c ustomer.:bigwave:

C

Craig H.

tattva

Something you might want to consider is something like the color of the foam as an appearance item. Even though the end customer will not see it, you immediate customer will. Even if performance is not affected, if a radical unexpected change in color is seen by your immediate customer, they will likely become suspicious.

Perception can mean alot.

Just a thought.

Craig

T

tattva

Ok IC!

Actually foam turns yellow ( oxidize ) with time, i don´t recall sending yellow foam to a customer, but i can find that out.
Thanks!

Top Bottom