SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Apple Dethrones Microsoft As World's Biggest Tech Company

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
Apple Dethrones Microsoft As World's Biggest Tech Company

Apple has surpassed Microsoft as the largest technology company in the world by market capitalization.

"Today Apple surpassed Microsoft in market capitalization, a metric of the perceived worth of a company. At around 2:30 pm EST, the total number of Apple shares were worth $227 billion, whereas Microsoft's were worth $226 billion. Both companies stock ended the day in the red, and have dropped in value since the greek crisis began, but Apple's share price has been falling less quickly. Of American companies, only Exxon-Mobil has a higher market cap at this point at $278 billion. According to the article: 'This changing of the guard caps one of the most stunning turnarounds in business history, as Apple had been given up for dead only a decade earlier. But the rapidly rising value attached to Apple by investors also heralds a cultural shift: Consumer tastes have overtaken the needs of business as the leading force shaping technology.'"

Maybe I should have bought Apple stock instead of gold coins.... :bonk:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
If you make products for which people are willing to stand in line for hours, you must be doing something right!!
Congratulations to Steve & Crew!!

Stijloor.

If you make products for which people are willing to stand in line for hours, you must be doing something right!!
Congratulations to Steve & Crew!!

Stijloor.
It must have been my purchase of a Macbook Pro and my son buying an iPad that did it...tipped them over the top!

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
It must have been my purchase of a Macbook Pro and my son buying an iPad that did it...tipped them over the top!
Andy, I must confess that I do not own Apple products, but I respect this organization tremendously.
Had the iPhone been on the Verizon network, I would have become an Apple guy...

Andy, I must confess that I do not own Apple products, but I respect this organization tremendously.
Had the iPhone been on the Verizon network, I would have become an Apple guy...
My Macbook is hands down the single most usable computer I've had in nearly 20 years. I know that's not saying much about the old clockwork 386 powered Phillips I first bought - more an indictment of the not so good HP/Compaqs/Toshibas I've had since.

My son's recent purchase and demonstration of an iPad - for his business - convinced me that it is a great tool.

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
Speaking of iPads: For the past 4 weeks our Quality Supervisor has had an iPad on the shop floor on a pilot program and it has been great for everyone involved.

He is using the iPad to consult in real time QMS docs, work orders (our part drawings and specs) and material requisitions. There's no document in our system that is more than a few cliks away. Even better, he contributes to the QMS and the CAPA database several times more than before, when he had to go to his office to access the system. Magical indeed.

BradM

Staff member
Admin
I had an Apple 2e that put me through college. ;):agree1: It was kind of the "It was the computer, when computers weren't cool".:lol:

I have always liked Apple products, including my Iphone. I wish I had more shekels to get the Itouch and upgrade my home computer to a Mac.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Apple Watch is not a medical device. How can this be possible? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
Marc Informational Apple Tells App Developers To Disclose Or Remove Screen Recording Code World News 0
BradM Class action lawsuit against Apple - iPod Software updates - 2006 thru 2009 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
bobdoering Finally, evidence that people are starting to care about Apple computers After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
Marc Apple?s First "iPhone" - 1983 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Marc Apple preparing to deliver iPad twins with 9.7-inch screens (rumor) After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Marc How Apple stays Ahead in Component Technology After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Marc Apple - 35 Years Old - Remembering the Apple I After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
Marc Apple I Auction: Historic PC Could Fetch Over $160K After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Marc Block unwanted text messages on your Apple iPhone World News 5
Marc Microsoft Losing Big To Apple On Campus After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 18
Marc Apple Enforces "Supplier Code of Conduct" After Child Labor Discovery After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 13
Stijloor Apple announces 'iPad' tablet After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 21
T PC or Apple MacIntosh - Which is better? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 53
Stijloor Will Apple's iPhone go to Verizon? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
Marc Apple Releases OS X 10.6 - Snow Leopard - 28 August 2009 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 12
Marc Apple Tree Leaf Bugs After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 19
Wes Bucey The FIRST computer virus - only on Apple? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
Marc Apple's iPhone - The rumour was true! And WoW! After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 22
Marc Apple Recalls 1.8 Million Sony Manufactured Notebook Batteries World News 0
Marc Mac users face first Apple virus? Or News and Virus Program supplier Hype After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
Marc OSx86 10.4.4 Security Broken - Apple's latest release of OS X for Intel After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
Marc Apple Offers College Lectures Via Podcasts Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
A Apple Macintosh - The US$500 Mini Mac - Anyone have one? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
I Apple Macintosh - Software and Thoughts After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
Marc The New Mini Mac! Apple Computer's January 2005 Coup? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
Q FMEA and Risk assessment in Microsoft Access FMEA and Control Plans 6
J Microsoft Smart Art Turtle Diagram Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 9
M Informational Microsoft Built a Bot to Match Patients to Clinical Trials Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Microsoft Teams to manage Internal Audit System? Internal Auditing 3
D Microsoft Excel database to Stand-alone software Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 3
Q Controlling Multi-Tab Microsoft Excel Forms Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
A Free software similar to Microsoft Project - Any suggestion? APQP and PPAP 5
Marc ASQ Linkedin Group - Microsoft Sharepoint discussion - June 2017 Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 0
Marc Microsoft to rip up P2P Skype, killing native Mac, Linux native apps World News 0
Marc Microsoft just bought LinkedIn For $196/Share World News 9
I How to build a Microsoft Access MDB Database for Document Control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
M Active X and latest update from Microsoft - Dec 2014 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
N Microsoft Word - How to make high-light go away after text is put in Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
B How to validate Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet Calculations for the Cpk value Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 9
O Chi Square Normality Test using Microsoft Excel Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
insect warfare IRS pays Microsoft for Windows XP support After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Marc Microsoft to push out XP patch on March Patch Tuesday - 2014 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 19
T Microsoft Access Database to create a Simple Calibration Certificate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
V Alternative to Microsoft Office - Open Office vs. Google Docs After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 26
Jim Wynne Have you tried Microsoft Windows 8? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 25
AnaMariaVR2 Guide to Microsoft Excel for Calculations, Statistics, and Plotting Data Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 11
M Microsoft Excel - Trouble with Auto-Entry of Dates Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 13
H 4.2.3 Document Control using Microsoft Sharepoint - Visibility of Draft Documents ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
L 21 CFR Part 11 Requirements - Microsoft Excel Add-on Functions 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6