Applicability of REACH Requirements

S

selena15

Hi all

Nice to come back to cove....

i have a question please

i have an argue with colleague relating to REACH requirements. as industrial company, we use chimicals substances. My point of view was that REach is applicable to us since we are member of multinational company, but he argue that we are out of scope of REACH and therefore it isn't applicable to us

i've search in the internet and it is says that it is applicble to companies which manifacture, import, sell on market, and use these substances.for me, we are concern

what is your opinion please? and also is it possible to provide the list of the substances prohibited by REACH

thank you in advance

selena

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hi all

i have a question please

i have an argue with colleague relating to REACH requirements. as industrial company, we use chimicals substances. My point of view was that REach is applicable to us since we are member of multinational company, but he argue that we are out of scope of REACH and therefore it isn't applicable to us

i've search in the internet and it is says that it is applicble to companies which manifacture, import, sell on market, and use these substances.for me, we are concern

what is your opinion please? and also is it possible to provide the list of the substances prohibited by REACH

thank you in advance

selena
Hi Selena,
how are you?
Clearly Reach applies to all companies, for instance if you do PPAP with your customer, you will be requested to use only approved substances and not banned in your product.
This is called "black list".
If you do a research on the web , you will see the Reach Annex XVII where there have been reported all the info you are searching for.
It is reported the restricted substance , where shall not be used in , condition and repealing directive.

You can also refer to the link of the Agency:
http://echa.europa.eu/reach_en.asp

hope this helps:bigwave:

C

Chrism86

REACH is applicable to all who use the substances. However as you purchase them, all compliance to REACH should be taken care of by your supplier, or even further down the supply chain.

What your responsibility is, is to ensure that you do not use the blacklisted items and that your supplier has met all the requirements of REACH and also that they ensure there suppliers meet the requirements of REACH. This can usually be done by requesting that your suppliers of the substances give you a Formal Headed statement or letter of compliance to REACH regulations.

You should retain these as records that show your supplier has met the requirements of REACH and in turn this ensures that you will meet the requirements of REACH.

Hopefully this helps.

S

selena15

Hi all
i'm fine guys hope you are doing the same :)

thank you for feedback

i was sure that it will be applicable to us. for sure we use them

thank you once again

have nice day

selena

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hi all
i'm fine guys hope you are doing the same :)

thank you for feedback

i was sure that it will be applicable to us. for sure we use them

thank you once again

have nice day

selena
Welcome on the forum again, Selena.
All is ok .
I would suggest to explore the Reach issue because it is a very important topic for company, together with RoHS.
:bigwave:

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Hi all

i have a question please

thank you in advance

selena

1) REACh has not prohibited any substances at this time. There is a SVHC list and an Authorization list.
2) Depending on the amount of substance in your article you might have a notification or a information requirement
3) The most important is to know what substance you have and if they are on the REACh lists. Your company should be working on finding substitute for these substances. The substances on the Authorization list have a sunset date.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Hi Selena,
how are you?
Clearly Reach applies to all companies, for instance if you do PPAP with your customer, you will be requested to use only approved substances and not banned in your product.
This is called "black list".
If you do a research on the web , you will see the Reach Annex XVII where there have been reported all the info you are searching for.
It is reported the restricted substance , where shall not be used in , condition and repealing directive.

You can also refer to the link of the Agency:
http://echa.europa.eu/reach_en.asp

hope this helps:bigwave:
I have to make some small corrections.

REACh does not apply to all companies. (Medical, Nuclear, Food for example are regulated by other regulations and agencies).

REACh has not BANNED any substance at this time. That is several years in the future. Companies should be working on removing the substances that are on the REACh lists. There are different requirements for the manufacturer and/or importer depending on the % of substance and annual volume.

The world is more complex that just REACh. Rohs, ELV, CGI, China REACh, Indian ELV and many more.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Applicability of REACH in Medical Devices - Ophthalmic Surgical Adjuncts RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 14
DuncanGibbons Understanding the applicability of Design of Experiments to the IQ OQ PQ qualification approach Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 0
A Software as Medical Device (SaMD) definition and its applicability Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
N EU MDR - Applicability Article 22 Systems and Procedure Packs CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
R Applicability of new non-harmonized standards (MDD/MDR) EU Medical Device Regulations 8
A MDR Article 22 applicability - Legal manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 6
K Diagnostic X-ray devices - Applicability of Biocompatibility Testing per ISO 10993-1 Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
V Applicability of IEC 62366-1 usability to resorbable bone substitutes IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 9
E Commission Regulation (EU) No. 207/2012 E-IFU Applicability EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M ROHS : Applicability for AIMDs RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
L Dying a slow SCOPE death - NEW ISO APG Paper on Scope and Applicability May 2020. AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
M Applicability of Means of Protection, working voltage in an Automated External Defibrillator IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
M Applicability of IEC 60950-1 Table K2 - Minimum clearances between circuits Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
R Applicability of ISO 14708-3 RF Transmitter and Implantable RF Receiver Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
R Applicability of ISO 14708-3 - RF transmitter and implantable RF receiver Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
M Oxygen enriched environment applicability - Operating table used in general surgeries in hospital IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
E CB scheme applicability for battery powered medical devices CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
I IATF 16949 - 8.4.2.3 - Applicability to Shipping Suppliers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
S CQI-12 - Applicability to Raw Materials Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
C Applicability of ISO 9001:2015 Section 8.5 - Engineering company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
H Applicability of EN 13795 for Incise Drape EU Medical Device Regulations 0
S Applicability of the standard IEC 60601-2-18 to an arthroscopy pump IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
Q Partial non applicability of ISO 9001 Cl. 7.1.5 (not having services)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M User Interface of Unknown Provenance (UOUP) applicability IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 7
E Applicability of Low Voltage Directive (LVD) for 12V equipment CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
Y Counterfeit Parts - AS9100 D Cl. 8.1.4 - Can I claim no applicability? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 10
M IEC 62304 Applicability - GUI Control Software IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
D Clarification of Applicability of TS 16949 Requirements to a Non-Automotive Business IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
Richard Regalado Sharing a Statement of Applicability (SOA) for ISO/IEC 27001:2013 IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
G Not quite old news: Statement of Applicability IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
G Question on Statement of Applicability (SOA) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
L TS 16949 applicability for Supplier's Supplier IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
R ISO 22000:2005 Clause 7.10.4 Withdrawal - Applicability and documentation required? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
A Applicability of electrical safety standards to a dedicated PC IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
A Help me understand the applicability of 21 CFR Part 820.198 (Customer Complaints) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
Y New Draft FDA Guidance for Applicability of GLP in Medical Device Submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
G TS 16949 applicability for Bulk Material Product IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 25
Q Two AS9102 Applicability and Interpretation Questions AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
R HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) applicability Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
E Applicability of Defibrillator Energy Test to Implantable Devices IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
S OEM Supplier of Accessories Registration and 21 CFR 820 QSR Controls Applicability 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 11
P 7.1, 7.3 and APQP Requirements Applicability in Transfer Case IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
A EN 60601-2-51 applicability to an ECG Event Recorder IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
K Applicability of ISO/TS 16949:2009 to Automotive Parts Manufacturers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
A AS9100C Clause 7.5 Applicability for Design House AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
Richard Regalado Definition SOA - Statement of Applicability Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
X Foreign Manufacturer Accreditation Certificate Applicability Japan Medical Device Regulations 8
Richard Regalado ISO 27001 Statement of Applicability and Some of my Thoughts IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 4
R ISO/TS 16949:2009 Applicability to Military Vehicles? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
Q OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) PPAP Applicability Query IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4