APQP Appendix F - Product Quality Planning Summary And Sign-off

Richard.L.Holland

Starting to get Involved
:eek: Can some one help me with Appendix F "Product Quality Planning Summary And Sign-off" form. When is the form signed off? When all pending actions have been done, which does not sound correct.
Help I need to talk to some one !!!!

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
from page 27 of the APQP Handbook
Management support is necessary prior to the quality planning sign-off. The team should be able to
show that all planning requirements are met or concerns documented and schedule a management
review. The purpose of this review is to inform upper management of program status and gain their
commitment to assist in any open issues. The Product Quality Planning Summary and Sign-Off report
shown in Appendix F is an example of the documentation required to support an effective quality
planning sign-off.

This seems to be to be quite clear.
If you have problems repost

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
I am sorry but I have never used this.
Attached is the form.
Can anyone help?

Attachments

• appendix f.pdf
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,088
S

Sam

We use a form similar to this. We sign it off at the completion of the APQP process before running our sample for PPAP submission.

A

Andrews

Product Quality Summary

This form seems to check whether activities like PPk study, MSA has been completed. But the APQP manual requires these activites to be completed before PPAP is submitted. So it makes no sense to use this check list after PPAP is submitted. I think this should be done just before PPAP submitted. Any other thoughts on this topic?

Richard.L.Holland

Starting to get Involved
Feasibility Reviews 4.2.3.3

Thanks for all your help.
;)
It all clearer now.
Looking back at QS-9000 Feasibility Reviews 4.2.3.3, says it all.

Once again thanks :bigwave:

R

rak

Richard,

Pls. educate me. I did not understand what Feasibility has to do with "Product Quality Planning Summary And Sign-off" form?

A

Al Dyer

rak,

Absolutely nothing, the form is not a required piece of paper for submission to the B3, just a form available for your use as you see fit.

There is also no "official" feasibility form, Feasibility is enacted during the contract review phase of the process and is not a required for.

Of course, if your customer requires it, youneed to comply!

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Feasibility Reviews - 4.2.3.3
The supplier shall investigate and confirm the manufacturing feasibility of proposed products prior to contracting to produce those products.
Feasibility is an assessment of the suitability of a particular design, material, or process for production, while conforming to all engineering requirements at the required statistical process capability and at specified volumes. Feasibility reviews should be documented using the Team Feasibility Commitment in the Advanced Product Quality Planning and Control
Plan reference manual.

The word “shall” indicates mandatory requirements. The word “should” indicates a mandatory requirement with some flexibility allowed in compliance methodology. Suppliers choosing other approaches to satisfy a “should” must be able to show that their approach meets the intent of QS-9000. All QS-9000 requirements shall be addressed in the quality system documentation, but not necessarily by individual procedures.
Approach QS-9000

Whilst there is no offical form the demand is that you use a method that is as per the form referenced in the APQP book.

Top Bottom