APQP for a Comercial proccess

I

IGORTS

Hi,

I was wondering if for an organization that for their production developments starts an APQP proccess IS NECCESARY develop an APQP proccess for a Comercial products ( products that are supplied by another company and this item is the final product ).

I can´t see the solution for this problem in the APQP manual, perharps the solution would be develop a Comercial APQP. Control Plans, FMEAS would be referenced only to the comercial actions.

I hope that you can undersand what I´m meaning.

bye

Igorts

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

D.Scott

Are you saying you are a distributor for someone else's product? If it is something off the shelf that anyone could buy and you are just re-selling it to the customer, it seems possible the customer may waive the requirement.

If the customer doesn't know it is supplied by someone else then I would expect they want APQP.

In either case, you will be expected to stand behind the quality of the product. If your supplier provides you with the APQP and paperwork, can you simply include those with your package to your customer?

Hope this helps some.

Dave

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
My view is that you have a process, customer order- purchase parts- supply to customer.
This process should be annalysed to ensure that you perform it correctly.
Apart from manufacturing, you perform all the actions probably including packaging.
I think that from your own situation you want to ensure that your actions are the best that you can do and you have evaluated all the failures that are possible.

I

IGORTS

Thanks Dave and Howard,

I´m agree with you Howard.

Dave, our customer can´t know the origin ( supplier ) of the part due to management aspects between us.

So, our customers in the PPAP expect that our name would be in all the docs.(as in the other products manufactured by us ) because they think that we are the manufacturer and in the other hand our APQP must show the real proccess. So what we can do?

Perhaps the APQP would be a " Comercial " APQP and the PPAP sent to our customer would contain the PPAP sent by our supplier but with our name in all the docs.

Best Regards

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Issues/Roadblocks with APQP implementation APQP and PPAP 7
G APQP Scope and scale tool APQP and PPAP 2
G AS9145/APQP return on investment APQP and PPAP 6
Pau Calvo PPAP customer requirements in the APQP APQP and PPAP 25
C AS9100 Rev D 8.1.1 & APQP - Operational risk management process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
B What is the role of Quality Engineer in APQP and PPAP APQP and PPAP 3
S APQP Relationship Diagram APQP and PPAP 2
C Looking for APQP Training recommendations preferably in the aerospace industry APQP and PPAP 2
G Engineering Specifications - APQP APQP and PPAP 5
K APQP Gates_Project/Product Localization APQP and PPAP 4
K APQP Phase 3 - Team Feasibility Commitment APQP and PPAP 3
A New Supplier implementation - PPAP vs APQP APQP and PPAP 9
F APQP for Medical Devices APQP and PPAP 4
A How to view supplier APQP timeline and do risk management APQP and PPAP 4
J Does anyone have a good APQP template that meets IATF requirements? APQP and PPAP 3
Sidney Vianna SCMH Awareness Webinar Focused on the revised Advanced Product Quality Planning APQP AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
kedarg6500 APQP & PPAP for Process Industry - Concept for Waste to Energy Program APQP and PPAP 0
H Prerequisites for AIAG APQP/PPAP Certification Exam Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
J APQP Requirements - What is meant by "among other items" IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
K Is APQP Required for All Projects? APQP and PPAP 4
S APQP, PPAP and PSW Question from a Rookie APQP and PPAP 4
K APQP requirement when a new print or spec is received from a customer - Existing Part APQP and PPAP 3
C What is the SOEP in APQP? APQP and PPAP 6
S How can I make a Process Flow Diagram for APQP process Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
M APQP and PPAP for Beginners - Where do I start? APQP and PPAP 48
R Looking for good, low cost APQP Software recommendations APQP and PPAP 2
W Certification on AS9100C - FAI or PPAP? Project Management or APQP? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
I Any recommendations on software for managing the APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plan etc? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
L Continental Automotive (or any other big German OEM) APQP list wanted VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 5
M APQP for Non-Automotive Suppliers APQP and PPAP 6
Q Consult "GM APQP" Step1: Key Stakeholders Meeting - GM 1927-18 APQP and PPAP 5
A APQP in Bombardier APQP and PPAP 1
Q Need guidance new APQP and PPAP Process Improvement Software Idea Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
S Please Review my APQP Training Material APQP and PPAP 4
Q Electronic APQP System APQP and PPAP 7
T APQP and PPAP in an AS9100 plant APQP and PPAP 2
J Question about APQP Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 2
J What are the Design Factors in APQP? APQP and PPAP 3
J Three Best Practices and Lessons Learned in APQP APQP and PPAP 1
T PPAP & APQP - What other sectors are Adopting/Adapting these Concepts? APQP and PPAP 14
W Production Trial Run in AIAG APQP and Run at Rate (GP-9) GM 1927 APQP and PPAP 2
L Request APQP Process Internal Audit checklist APQP and PPAP 2
J APQP Project Management in Excel - Many projects APQP and PPAP 8
J Email Reminder through Excel for APQP Planning Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
G APQP Timing Plan Template attached APQP and PPAP 3
B Frequently asked PPAP, FMEA, SPC, MSA, APQP & 7QC Tools questions for Interviews Career and Occupation Discussions 1
GURU SDI APQP Procedure For Sand Casting Process APQP and PPAP 6
Jim Wynne APQP, or Why Things Always Go Wrong APQP and PPAP 0
Jim Wynne Adventures in APQP Imported Legacy Blogs 9
R What does P-release mean in APQP documents regarding drawings and approvals? Design and Development of Products and Processes 1