APQP Process for Service Parts - Many part numbers

E

erozas2003

I was recently moved to Service Area, my new role is APQP Eng.
I have a huge list of part numbers to be ppap'ed and a similar list of customers.
My concern is how to handle or manage that amount of information!!???
Does anyone have a kind of templete, just to start working with...

:read::read::read::read::read::read:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
U

Umang Vidyarthi

I was recently moved to Service Area, my new role is APQP Eng.
I have a huge list of part numbers to be ppap'ed and a similar list of customers.
My concern is how to handle or manage that amount of information!!???
Does anyone have a kind of templete, just to start working with...

:read::read::read::read::read::read:
If you have similar components of different sizes, then you may form 'FAMILY' of components and use one PPAP for one family (of course with customer's prior approval). This will drastically cut down the paper work.

Umang :D

E

erozas2003

Are none of these parts approved? Some are already Approved, some others just Interim for 3 months
Are they all new? Some are new services, some are old services, but as they are being transfered from other sites to a new Services Area, we need to rePPAP'em all.
Have the customers asked for PPAP? Yes, some customer have asked for level 3 ppap, some level 1.
Are you the manufacturer or a distributor? Manufacturer
I have thought about forming Families as Umang Vidyarthi suggested, but is a hard work since we're talking of thousends of part numbers....
I need to be very carful to manage the information clearly and make it handy.

What I need is a kind of master plan, but I need some Ideas, that's what I'm really looking for.
Thank you all for your help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L APQP Process Flow with CFT Roles and responsibilities APQP and PPAP 4
C AS9100 Rev D 8.1.1 & APQP - Operational risk management process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
kedarg6500 APQP & PPAP for Process Industry - Concept for Waste to Energy Program APQP and PPAP 0
S How can I make a Process Flow Diagram for APQP process Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
Q Need guidance new APQP and PPAP Process Improvement Software Idea Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
L Request APQP Process Internal Audit checklist APQP and PPAP 2
GURU SDI APQP Procedure For Sand Casting Process APQP and PPAP 6
V Production Development Process APQP Methodology APQP and PPAP 9
E Being asked to do PPAPs - I'm new to the APQP Process APQP and PPAP 12
P PDP (Product Development Process) and APQP Process Map APQP and PPAP 3
P Prototype Build Process per TS 16949 Clause 7.3.6.2 and APQP IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
A One of APQP Process Steps - OTS (Off Tool Sample) Approval APQP and PPAP 1
J Ford GPDS, APQP, Product & Process Development Plans, Purchasing Department Processes Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
R APQP process as a planning tool for moving product lines to another factory APQP and PPAP 4
Z Is Quotation a part of APQP process? APQP and PPAP 6
D BMW Project - How does their APQP process work? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
A Tell me how the APQP process is followed - What are the steps it includes APQP and PPAP 2
5 Is anybody aware of a VDA 2 Revision which includes parts of the APQP process? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 3
A When do you start the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Process? APQP and PPAP 10
S APQP Application - Product/process modification and production transfer APQP and PPAP 6
Stijloor APQP Process Assessment Tool - Excel .xls Spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
J Ideas for Tracking and Triggering updates in the APQP Process. APQP and PPAP 6
A Process Flow Chart vs. Process Flow Diagram? Pages 38-39 in the APQP Manual FMEA and Control Plans 3
D Difference between Process Verification vs. Process Validation in APQP? APQP and PPAP 4
J Does GM require an Inspection Standard in the APQP process? APQP and PPAP 3
I APQP Process Review and the Purpose of PPAP APQP and PPAP 13
N Identify Documention Process or Method - APQP Manual Page 4 APQP and PPAP 1
S Role of a Quality Engineer in APQP process APQP and PPAP 11
W APQP documents for aerospace products - Looking for examples - Process Map, FMEA, etc Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
U Process Ownership - APQP shall be be led by Design & Development Dept? Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
M Internal Auditing of our APQP Process - Who can audit APQP? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
M APQP & PPAP - Does Toyota follow the APQP and PPAP process? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
L Does the APQP process end with the approval of the PPAP? APQP and PPAP 5
D Automotive manufacturing process - Our process isn't exactly like APQP APQP and PPAP 5
B Seeking: Life success stories of how the APQP process and tools helped your company APQP and PPAP 2
I Process Verification And Aproval - Phase 4 of APQP APQP and PPAP 3
J Determining effectiveness of APQP Process throughout our entire organization Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 4
A Microsoft Access APQP type database for Process Flow, FMEA, Control Plan, etc. Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 44
J APQP Requirements - Product/Process Assumptions and Product Assurance Plan APQP and PPAP 4
K APQP - Is the APQP process supposed to include process changes? APQP and PPAP 2
P Simple PPAP / APQP Step-by-Step Process APQP and PPAP 3
J APQP Checklists - Process Flow Chart Checklist, PFMEA Checklist, Floor Plan Checklist APQP and PPAP 11
M APQP on Assemblies APQP and PPAP 2
H Quality planning sign-off in AIAG APQP Manual IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
K Should APQP/PPAP has its own section in a QM? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
H APQP phases costs APQP and PPAP 4
G Issues/Roadblocks with APQP implementation APQP and PPAP 10
G APQP Scope and scale tool APQP and PPAP 2
G AS9145/APQP return on investment APQP and PPAP 6
Pau Calvo PPAP customer requirements in the APQP APQP and PPAP 25