April Fools - 2007

D

Dimitri

Icy Mountain,

You know some people perfer tap water. :)

Anyways it could be worse you could have a daughter his age and he turns into your son-in-law in a few years. Then guess what the April fools joke would be. :biglaugh:

As for kids attending college acting like that, some are like that, I'm not and the kids I hang out with are not ether. :cool:

Dimitri

:topic: Ah, yes, Dimitri, but you have proven yourself to be the exception that proves the rule by coming here to the Cove to absorb the wisdom and experience of the learned and aged.;) I deal with a lot of young people due to my children's ages and my involvement with the youth ministry my church. With the exception of the college kids that I see looking for some spiritual guidance, the majority of the 13-23 crowd that I encounter treat my peers and I with attitude of disdain, dismissal and disrespect. It seems that the fact that I have graduated college, obtained a steady job, married once and stayed that way, bought a house and a car, and am raising children so that they might be positive, productive members of society makes me an idiot.

I am glad that you and your friends are not like that. You will find out just how intelligent a decision that is when you are 29 and 39 and look at the difference between your group and the knuckleheads I'm talking about. I'll admit that I thought my old man was an ignorant devil when I was 19, but he turned into a genius by the time I was 25. If I had listened to him carefully, then 5 years from now, I would be fully retired, with my house paid off, and not worried about financing my children's' higher education.

I'll pass on his advice: really learn something in college (besides how to hold liquor), get a degree ASAP, put the maximum amount allowed by law into retirement savings from the first paycheck you get after you turn 18, and most importantly, live for something bigger than yourself.

D

Dean Frederickson

Some of the finest advice I have ever heard, Good job Icy

D

Dimitri

Icy Mountain,

I'm taking Tool and Die in college I think its a good field to go into but not everyone does since its not a "desk job". :rolleyes: All this talk reminds me I need to get my project done, 2 more weeks after this and I'm going to be done college and hopefully with honors (got it for every term till this one so I hope to keep it up). :cool:

As for retirement, I plan on retiring as soon as possible, and to be clear retirement in my mind is to own my own house and farm without owing anyone and to own a small machine shop on my property to work for myself with maybe a few employee's. And I dont think I'll ever stop working, I had a 6-7 month "off" period between highschool and college and that drove me nuts, wont be able to do it for years! :bonk:

Dimitri

Top Bottom