AQAP-2120 vs ISO 9001

Skilz

Starting to get Involved
Hi All,

Could anybody please assist me with the differences between AQAP-2120 and ISO 9001:2015?

My company is only 900/14001 certified, but due to a tender process preparation, they asking if we AQAP certified (which is normally a MOD requirement I believe)

thanks ALL

Marc

Retired Old Goat
Staff member
Admin
APQP-2120 is dated 2003 and is a NATO document: http://www.difesa.it/SGD-DNA/Staff/DT/NAVARM/Documents/NormeAQAP/aqap2120e.pdf

The IATF references the AIAG's APQP manual, but it's not to my knowledge in any way related to ISO 9001. As @AndyN says - there is no "certification" to APQP, and I am unaware of any certification to AQAP-2120.

I have seen quite a few companies "adopt" automotive's APQP process going back to around 1999 (one of which was Otis, the elevator company).

Attachments

AndyN

A problem shared...
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thanks for the link, Marc. The NATO requirement of AQAP 2010 are very similar to ISO 9001 requirements (even though ISO 9001 has reduced content and renamed some requirements) and added some others which are NOT in the ISO requirements. As far as being "certified", you could ask your CB if they can do that. It might not be accredited, however.

Marc

Retired Old Goat
Staff member
Admin
@AndyN Thanks for the heads up. I haven't seen or read AQAP 2010, and it doesn't show up in a DuckDuck or Google search.

As far as being "certified", you could ask your CB if they can do that. It might not be accredited, however.
Good idea.

Al Rosen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You can get a free copy of AQAP 2110 here. Just select the pdf product format from the drop down and checkout as a guest. They will e-mail you a link to download the file