AQL and the impact of increasing Batch Size, or changing Inspection Level

M

malto01

hi, i am landing here with a last minute job.
I am very sorry for this, but at this time i appreciate any kind of help in this matter. So, thanks in advance.

I am required to determine the Sample size and the accept and rejection levels in each case using the sampling plans (table I and Table II).
You are then required to answer the following questions:
Explain the impact of
- increasing the batch size on sample size
- increasing the %AQL for each individual batch size
- changing the general inspection level.

Thank you for all your thoughts and your time

malto

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
hi, i am landing here with a last minute job.
I am very sorry for this, but at this time i appreciate any kind of help in this matter. So, thanks in advance.

I am required to determine the Sample size and the accept and rejection levels in each case using the sampling plans (table I and Table II).
You are then required to answer the following questions:
Explain the impact of
- increasing the batch size on sample size
- increasing the %AQL for each individual batch size
- changing the general inspection level.

Thank you for all your thoughts and your time

malto
Can someone help?

Thank you very much!!

Stijloor.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Staff member
Super Moderator
Is this a question on a homework assignment or exam prep? If not can you give us some more input on the situation you are facing?

If using ANSI/Mil-STD tables and methods, you will be able to determine this for yourself simply by trying different values and levels as described below
In general:
  • Effect of increasing batch size: the sample size will increase
  • Effect of increasing %AQL: the sample size will decrease
  • changing inspection level: the sample size will either decrease or increase depending on which inspection level you choose

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R AQL, Consumer Risk and MA Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
A AQL - How to count samples with defects for each defect class AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 17
T Defining sampling plan for different AQL AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 1
S ARMY AQL - Requirements which don't have an AQL associated with them Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
M AQL table - I need to sample 1250pcs AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 3
Nicole Desouza Sampling plan for a customer who wants AQL 1.0 (per ANSI Z1.4) AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
V How to interpret AQL sampling tables AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
A AQL sampling bags of parts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
I Sampling processes - Who must define the AQL level? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 9
J AQL for Effectiveness Check - What AQL tiers to use on this type of sampling? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
S AQL Inspector's Rule - bring into CQE Exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
N The question asks about sampling plans and AQL Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 5
khotchandrakant Defining Acceptance Quality Level, I need clarity on AQL 1.5, 2.5, 4.0 AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
V Receiving Inspection AQL - Am I allowed to just pick a AQL? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 10
L Established a c=0 "AQL" or "RQL" table AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
A AQL Sampling Plan SOP / WI - Medical Device Industry Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 14
C Example Work Instruction/Procedure for AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
L How to calculate the Probability of Deficiency of the AQL of an Inspection AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 16
P Setting Acceptance Quality Limits (AQL) for New Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K AQL for Sterile Product - Laminate Tubes 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
M How to Mathemetically Derive the AQL Tables given Lot Sizes AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
L AQL ANSI z1.4 & z1.9 - What are the differences between these 2 standards? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
P RQL/AQL from Attribute Data Six Sigma 1
B Designing a Sampling Plan - AQL AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 19
S Determining Sample Size - AQL & LQ AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 10
V AQL for Component Level and Assembled Finished Product AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 1
alonFAI AQL and Sampling Size for Components Solderability Test Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
A Inspection Plans - How to choose AQL (MIL STD 105E) Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
U AQL, Lot Size vs Sampling Plans AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 8
R Formula to tie together - Confidence/Reliability Level AQL? LTPD? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 3
pammesue Which Sampling Tables for AQL? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
K Can I use ANSI/AQL for the Total Number of Containers for the entire Lot? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
M Determining c=0 AQL numbers Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
L Who and when to determine AQL for our product inspection AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 1
K Verification Sampling vs. AQL - Sampl Sizes Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
E Translating AQL to a Production Line Inspection Plan AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 14
S Class III Sampling Plan - Explain AQL vs. 95%C & 90%R Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
K Training the absolute beginner to understand AQL Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
S What are typical Acceptable Quality Levels (AQL) adopted in Food industry? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
D What AQL level to use to test LEDs Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
B AQL Sampling Tables Question Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
C Constructing an AQL matrix for our QC operators in a flexographic printing outfit AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
N Visible particles inspection in powders for injections. Approaches to AQL level Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
S Justifying the AQL for a Zero (C=0) Acceptance Plan (Medical Device) AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 6
W Application of AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) Concept AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 15
P Deviating from AQL in a small Retail Apparel Company AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
M AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) for Mixed Part Defect IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) Report Form example wanted AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 1
H Determining the Correct Sample Size when AQL points to two Sample Sizes AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 7
F AQL - ISO 3951-4:2011 Sampling Plan Requirements AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 2