Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

AQL table - I need to sample 1250pcs

Dear Experts,

I really need your help and advice.

Company I'm working with is currently using:
ANSI/ASQ Z1.4
Inspection level : GIL-II
Double sampling plan for normal inspection

We have 3 levels of AQL.
0.01 - Critical defect
1.0 - Major defect
6.5 - Minor defect

Example : Lot size of 50,000pcs Code letter : N
So from table III-A Double sampling plan for normal inspection; I need to sampling 1250pcs (since the arrow stated to follow corresponding single sampling plan) to cover for all 3 levels of AQL.

Is this correct?

Thank you in advance..

SpinDr99

Involved In Discussions
Why do you need to use a Double Sampling Plan? My boss has just recommended Doubling Tightened inspection right out of the gate and I'm recommending Single Normal inspection.

David-D

Involved In Discussions
Dear Experts,

I really need your help and advice.

Company I'm working with is currently using:
ANSI/ASQ Z1.4
Inspection level : GIL-II
Double sampling plan for normal inspection

We have 3 levels of AQL.
0.01 - Critical defect
1.0 - Major defect
6.5 - Minor defect

Example : Lot size of 50,000pcs Code letter : N
So from table III-A Double sampling plan for normal inspection; I need to sampling 1250pcs (since the arrow stated to follow corresponding single sampling plan) to cover for all 3 levels of AQL.

Is this correct?

Thank you in advance..

You are correct on having to go back to the single sampling plan for the 0.01 AQL. Based on the Asterisk there arent any double sampling ans rigerous enough to meet/demonstrate the 0.01 AQL; this should result in a sample of 1250 with Acc on zero rej on 1 or more.

David

David-D

Involved In Discussions
In many situations, you can shift the major and minor samping quantities down to align with higher rigor plans with bigger sample quantities but in this case, the 0.01 AQL seems so disparate from the 1.0 and 6.5 that they'll never get up to a 1250 sample size, even trying for a double plan.

David

Top Bottom