Are Hard copies necessary?

K

kaliweb

For ISO 9001 2000, is keeping hard copies of the quality documents necessary? Or are softcopies enough?

I don't know, do the requirements say anything about this?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
G

goose

From ISO 9000:2000 page 14 3.7.2 reference documentation...." the medium can be paper, magnetic, electronic or optical computer disc, photograph, or master sample, or a combination thereof"i.e. frequentlt call documentation......

J

Jim Biz

Unless I've not interpreted it correctly - new vocabulary of definitions tells us.

Documents can be in any of the following formats:
paper
electronic
computer disk
pictures
master samples

(and the big key for us here is) "OR A COMBINATION THEROF - We create handwritten inspection records & scan them into a computer database - to save filling up file cabinets.

Regards
Jim

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Document Retention - Discard hard-copies after scanning? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
L Do you need to save hard copies of obsolete documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
Q Do hard copies of quality records have to be retained? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S Are 2 Hard Copies of Procedures and Instructions Required? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
P Document Control - Do hard copies of documents need to be signed? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
G Document Control - Are hard copies required in addition to soft copies maintained? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
L Does ISO 9001 require that hard copies of documents be archived? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
V Hard copies from 10-20 years ago - Document Control and Retention Times question Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
C Do you still collect hard copies of objective evidence when auditing? General Auditing Discussions 20
Marc Hard Copies from Electronic Media Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
J Argentina Asked for FSC Hard-Copy Edition Only Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
qualprod Non conformity, do nothing? Employee experiencing "hard times" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
W Is it required to stamp obsolete hard copy DHR's "obsolete"? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
supadrai Just found out the hard way that only one registration per manufacturer is allowed in Yemen, regardless of OEM or private label arrangement. Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
A Alternative to keeping hard copy records that is 21 CFR part 11 compliant Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
W Great way to work hard for your career Career and Occupation Discussions 4
R Height gauge to measure short hard to access heights General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A Identification of Customer Property: Customer-Supplied Thumb Drives & Ext Hard Drives ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
S Having a hard time closing CAR/ PAR Nonconformance and Corrective Action 13
D Hard cut off date for certificates to be issued against ISO 9001:2008? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
S Why is it so hard to close out the CAPAs ? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 16
G Could I destroy my DHR hard copy after 2 years after pdf'ing them ? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M Best Fit Alignment vs. Hard Datums Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 5
H Layered Process Audit Hard Copy Records Retention Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 6
N Boss is too hard on me.... Career and Occupation Discussions 48
C Hard Copy Documents not in Fireproof Cabinets - Document Storage Questions... ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
I MDNR (Medical Devices National Registry) and Hard Copy Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
T Eliminating "Hard Copy" Manuals from our Office and Shop Floor - Documentation Medium ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Sidney Vianna Why are GOOD Internal Auditors so hard to find? Internal Auditing 35
P Hard Milling Process - Dealing with Within Part Variation for SPC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 18
Q Uncontrolled Hard Copy (Paper) Document Validity Period Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
B Hard Gage Rentals - Thread Gages or Thread Rings General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Marc Tearing Apart a McAfee Hard-Sell Anti-Virus Ad After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
Jen Kirley Trying to back up a dead hard drive - how to do it? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 17
S Auslogics Defrag - Hard Drive Defragmentation After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 9
J U.S. National Archives offers reward for missing hard drive After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
C Specification (hardness) for stainless steel SUS 310 3/4 Hard Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
BradM It's a hard luck life Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
S MSDS Records - Is a hard copy required if I have a scanned copy? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 14
I FMEA Detection Rating - What is Soft or Hard? FMEA and Control Plans 7
P Six Sigma Certification Test - How hard is the Six Sigma Certification Test? Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
ScottK Disposing of old hard drives - Best method to destroy data? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 17
J What Hardness for .090 Thick Silicone Bronze, Extra Hard Temper (cda 65500-h06) Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Does ISO9001 require that a hard copy of a signed procedure be kept? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
J MS Windows XP Pro Hard Drive Defrag (defragmentation) question After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 26
J Engineering having a hard time defining Objectives - ISO 9k2k 5.4.1 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Marc 50th Anniversary of the First Hard Drive - Sept. 13, 1956 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
J New QA Manager - Top Management is Divided - Between a rock and a hard place IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 73
D Hard to change factors in DOE (Split Plot Designs) - Injection Molded Parts Design and Development of Products and Processes 15
M Long hard work pays off - 8 months - ISO9001 Certification Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9