Are inputs to the nonconformance process required to be identified?

Mark Meer

Trusted Information Resource
Good discussion Marc & jmech! :agree1:

I'd say the importance of the inputs in this case is to ensure that all the different types of non-conformities are captured by the process.

I agree with jmech that it is the non-conformities - not requirements - that are input into the process, but where do these come from? They could come from:
- Purchasing & supplier control processes
- Manufacturing processes
- Complaint-handling processes
- Documentation control processes

All of these would be inputs to the NC process, as non-conformities can be output from them. If you don't recognise any of these as inputs, then you would fail to treat any failures to meet requirements in these areas according to your established NC process.

I suppose you could just make a sweeping statement like "inputs into the NC process include anything where requirements are established". ...but I think it's helpful to actually enumerate the various places where non-conformances might arise and identify them as distinct inputs...

Just my :2cents:

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
You have to define what, specifically, is a nonconformance to begin with. If you do NOT define what nonconformances are, with specificity, then nothing is nonconforming so there will be no inputs.

You hit the nail on the head

Top Bottom