Are PPAP's required on steel from suppliers?

J

JPeters

Are ppap's required on steel?

Our registrar wrote a minor in an audit b/c my company did not have ppap packages on file from our steel suppliers. In the PPAP 3rd Edition book it does state that for bulk, raw or indirect material, it is the Procurring Division's decision whether ppap is required. Wouldn't this fall into that clause?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Rea

$ Contributor
This I beleive states that if the OEM approved the steel supplier then there is no requirement for you receive a PPAP from the steel supplier.

Para F.2 infers that when an OEM approves a PPAP for a bulk material then you do not need approval for the material when used in other products.
Also see F.4, contact your customer about the need for a PPAP.
Your auditor is correct in issuing a minor; you did not have documented evidence that a PPAP was not required.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V PPAP documentation - Submission required in English APQP and PPAP 3
P Customer wants a Part Material Change - New PPAP required? APQP and PPAP 3
M Is PPAP required in this situation? APQP and PPAP 5
V Is there a Heat Treat certification that is required at PPAP? APQP and PPAP 4
B Supplier changed their Manufacturing Process - Is a PPAP resubmission required? APQP and PPAP 17
I Where in the TS 16949 standard is Yearly PPAP Re-Validation Required IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
C Yearly resubmission of PPAP - Required by the PPAP manual? APQP and PPAP 7
K When is PPAP required? Do we have to use PPAP? APQP and PPAP 4
R Is Kappa Study Required during PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
R Cohen's Kappa Study - is it required during PPAP? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
C Documentation required when doing a PPAP for a "Product Family" APQP and PPAP 6
Z Are PPAP Submissions required to be in English? PPAP Language APQP and PPAP 6
Stuart Andrews PPAP training slides required - will pay! APQP and PPAP 10
S PPAP Submission Required for Electronics Components i.e., Resistors, Capacitors, etc. APQP and PPAP 3
R Changing Suppliers - Customer (GM) PPAP required? APQP and PPAP 6
E Level 3 PPAP with only a few of the required documents? APQP and PPAP 3
M Engine Oil manufacturers and suppliers - Will PPAP be Required? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
C What are the minimum required MSA studies for a TS 16949 PPAP? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
T PPAP and Raw Material - Is a PPAP required when switching raw material suppliers? APQP and PPAP 4
D What is a Level 3 PPAP? Blueprint says "Level 3 PPAP is required" APQP and PPAP 10
B Question about "When PPAP is required" - Tier 2 to GM - Fabric Density on Part APQP and PPAP 24
C New PPAP submission required when changing part number? APQP and PPAP 11
R When Is PPAP Required? What Should We send? APQP and PPAP 15
C How long we're required to keep supplier and our PPAP documents? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
M When is PPAP required? Change in the floor plan layout? APQP and PPAP 5
P What gage studies are required for PPAP? APQP and PPAP 5
C PPAP required by Customer not the same as the AIAG's PPAP Manual Requirements APQP and PPAP 2
A PPAP Submission NOT required by customer... but... Do I have to do it anyway? APQP and PPAP 8
W PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) - Clarify When submission is required APQP and PPAP 10
K Updated MSA with the Annual PPAP validations APQP and PPAP 6
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 5
E Annual PPAP+ deviation request ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
K OEM specific requirements - PPAP was rejected by STA Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
T PPAP for distributors? APQP and PPAP 1
A PPAP for Fire extinguisher APQP and PPAP 2
S PPAP Progress - Visual Status Board APQP and PPAP 0
C AS9145 Appendix D PPAP Approval Form APQP and PPAP 2
Pau Calvo PPAP customer requirements in the APQP APQP and PPAP 25
V 3 PQ lots mentioned as requirement in PPAP. Is this necessary? APQP and PPAP 2
B What is the role of Quality Engineer in APQP and PPAP APQP and PPAP 3
F How to submit PPAP without IMDS APQP and PPAP 10
GreatNate Excel PPAP Tracking templates or tool wanted APQP and PPAP 1
M Where can I find examples of PPAP? APQP and PPAP 6
R Process Specification - What is the name of this PPAP form? APQP and PPAP 15
I PPAP Assembly and Components Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
F PPAP Documentation Control APQP and PPAP 8
K PPAP Phases Vs PPAP Levels APQP and PPAP 2
R Plan to Volvo Cars for capacity verification in Phase 3 of PPAP Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
G Job interview - So I have to do a presentation on PPAP APQP and PPAP 16
J AIAG PPAP: 2.2.11.3 Acceptance Criteria for Initial Study (page 9, 4th edition) APQP and PPAP 1