Are Unethical Registrars a Small Minority of the Registration Community?

Are Unethical Registrars a Small Minority of the Registration Community?

• Yes, Unethical CBs are a small minority

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • No, unethical CBs are the majority

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Probably the link stopped working for a while, because someone edited my post and copied the picture (which was in the QD domain) to the ELSMAR domain and had to re-edit the hyperlink. The link was fully operational when I posted.
I brought the picture to the local server so it wouldn't be calling another server. I do that a lot to keep pages loading fast (calling a picture from another site slows down the page load here), but I didn't change the link to the article. Your link worked as it was, which is why I commented.

P

potdar

nice article Sidney. That also reminds me of my very old concern on the responsibility of having these unethical registrars around. The aricle says that ANAB has more than 75 registrars accreditated by it for QMS. Possibly, most are multinationals.

What are the norms followed by ANAB to approve, track performance of and to reapprove these accreditations? If they issue an accreditation to DNV by witnessing some audits in the US of A, do DNV India and DNV Peru automatically get accreditated?

I have seen multiple agencies in India having multiple accreditations e.g. ANAB, UKAS, RvA, JAS-ANZ, DAR but with the exception of our local boys from QCI - who are a newcomer to the game, I have not seen or heard of any witness audit taking place in India by any of these ABs.

You can see the place of pride India holds for the number of cerifications. Still, no checks by ABs? How do you propose to "drive them out"?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
What are the norms followed by ANAB to approve, track performance of and to reapprove these accreditations?
ISO/IEC 17011.
If they issue an accreditation to DNV by witnessing some audits in the US of A, do DNV India and DNV Peru automatically get accreditated?
No.
How do you propose to "drive them out"?
with T.E.A.Ò: Transparency, Education & Accountability.

P

potdar

You can do some background checks. When was the last time and how many total times was the CB you can dig into subjected to a witness audit in India? By which of the ABs it holds accreditation from? In how many years of its functioning? Does this satisfy ISO/IEC requirements in this regard? If not, why did they get / why do they continue to hold the accreditation?

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Taking a Discussion To Personally and in an Unprofessional Manner

Thanks Sidney for telling me the details which I already know.

You can do some background checks. When was the last time and how many total times was the CB you can dig into subjected to a witness audit in India? By which of the ABs it holds accreditation from? In how many years of its functioning? Does this satisfy ISO/IEC requirements in this regard? If not, why did they get / why do they continue to hold the accreditation?

I would understand it if you do not wish to post an answer.
WARNING: Please stop the personal shots and sarcasm. We are supposed to be professionals here. Please reply in a professional manner. Sniping and related behaviour will not be tolerated.

P

potdar

Re: Taking a Discussion To Personally and in an Unprofessional Manner

WARNING: Please stop the personal shots and sarcasm. We are supposed to be professionals here. Please reply in a professional manner. Sniping and related behaviour will not be tolerated.

:eek::eek: Sorry. Offensive parts have been edited out. Thanks for timely:whip:

Top Bottom