Are we required by ISO 9001:2000 to have process maps for each department?

Process Mapping, useful tool or extra admin?

• Excellent tool

Votes: 34 79.1%
  • Waste of time

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters
J

Jim Green

Does anyone have an example of how these process maps are to be constructed. Sure would appricate it.

We are a Steel Coil Processing Company. Some of our process's include Sales, Production, Receiving, Tension Leveling, Inspection, Slitting of Steel coils, and shipping.

Do I show one big process map for all of these processes????

Thanks
The Quality Rookie

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Process Mapping

If you look through http://Elsmar.com/Imp/ you will find a section on process mapping. It's not a big deal. It makes as much sense to call it process flow charting if the word mapping is confusing you.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
From Jim Wade's split off post:

Marc - I also like your examples, particularly http://Elsmar.com/Imp/sld037.htm

Re that PPT example....

In practice, the Japanese company it represents (I have called them ZZ UK) use that simple diagram as the central icon in their management system.

Note: not QMS! The system is ISO 9001:2000 based but they, sensibly, avoid the devalued word 'quality'

Using Acrobat Readerand hyperlinks, users can click out from the central process picture to the rest of the system - including graphs of progress against objectives, procedures (they have a handful), forms and so on).

D

DonkeyKong

Just curious if anyone has a copy/template of the ISO 2k process flowchart from the standard.....e.g. Customer Requirements on the left of the circle and on the right was customer satisfaction on th right part of the circle with the elements of the in the circle?

I would save me a lot of time; rather than crafting a new one...

As always, the strong help the meek!

Thank you!!!:frust: :frust: :bonk: :bonk: :confused:

D

DonkeyKong

Reply problems

Jim....for some reason MS Outlook was not happy with you email address......could you post it here as an attachment?

Thank you for your time....

R

rrramirez

Eco Mapping

An example of process mapping bt HEINZ-WERNER ENGEL, 1998.
Regards,
Reinaldo Ramirez
Caracas, Venezuela:bigwave:

Attachments

• ecomapping.pdf
    266.6 KB · Views: 902

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Originally quoted by M Greenaway:
"P.S. No you dont have to write a procedure on how to do process mapping."
Isn't is Document What You Do and Do What You Document? What if the auditor would ask me this kind of question? Where could I possibly defined it? In the Quality Manual? or on the General Process Specification?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Raffy

M

M Greenaway

Raffy

We stopped writing procedures for everything we do some 8-10 years ago.

ISO9001:2000 doesnt mandate a procedure for this so an auditor wouldnt ask for it.

Dont worry.

M

Max Brear

Process Mapping

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding software for process mapping? I would like a package that is easy to use, easy to develope, and which could be developed to include six sigma etc.

Cheers

Max :smokin:

Top Bottom