Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

ARMY AQL - Requirements which don't have an AQL associated with them

SpinDr99

Involved In Discussions
I'm working for an Army contractor and in our Performance Work Statement (PWS) we have several requirement which don't have an AQL associated with them. In the military world, an AQL is more like a minimum score for the requirement, rather than an Acceptable Quality Level. We need to determine an "AQL" for each requirement and be able to show justification or a basis for the "AQL". Can anyone provide an Army reference for doing this?

SpinDr99

Involved In Discussions
Yes, I understand, but as they're identical (as with many MIL specs replaced by ANSI specs, neither apply. The ANSI "definition" of an AQL is almost inverse to the Army "definition". Under the Army "definition", rather than the AQL being the chance or probability of finding a non-conformance with the balance of the (in-inspected) lot, their definition is more like a minimum passing "grade".

So in our Performance Work Statement with the Army we have several requirements don't specify an AQL, and the Army is telling us that in these cases, the AQL is 100%. Meaning there shall be no failures or non-conformances. We want to propose an AQL, but first need to find the rationale on how the Army determines an AQL. Optimally, this would be a DA (Department of the Army) document/regulation/specification/guidance. Again, I'd be appreciative to anyone who can steer me in the right direction.

Top Bottom