AS 9100D - Calibration Instructions - Controlled documents?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

was named killer

Involved In Discussions
Here at the Cove we are always interested in the reasons for not controlling calibration instructions.
Exactly. Im new at this company and was looking at the Calibration Instructions and realized there were no revision controls on the Instructions. Because my experience has been in ISO and TS16949 and not AS, I was concerned. I mean I've only been doing this 25 years..LOL. The owner did not want to accept the fact that they have had numerous AS/ISO Certification and Internal Audits accomplished over the last 5 years and this has never been a finding. I told them I was sorry, but they need to be controlled. So in the interim I read that section of the standard and started this thread just be be sure. Weill, I was right and will be asking for a different auditor next time around. I will also be asking my 2 Internal Auditors how this was missed for so long. Thanks again for all the help!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R AS 9100D - Containment and Corrective action AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
Nicole Desouza The Difference of being AS 9100D Compliant vs.Certified AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
DuncanGibbons Clear differences between ISO 13485 and AS 9100D requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
DuncanGibbons How does AS 9100D correlate or differ from NADCAP accreditation? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
Q AS 9100D internal auditor training requirements Internal Auditing 16
R AS 9100D internal audit checklist AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
R Please help me with attached copy of AS 9100D internal audit check sheet AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Marc IAQG announces 9100D:2016 Deployment Support Webinars (Winter 2017) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
M AS 9100D Sections 7.2 and 7.3 - "Control" AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
J Selecting reference standards for calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
C IATF 16949:2016 Major NC pertaining to 7.1.5.2.1 Calibration/verification records IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
E Calibration Records during AS9100 Audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
John Predmore Calibration Determination decision Calibration Frequency (Interval) 15
J ISO 17025 Calibration Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
A Electronic Weighing scale calibration Calibration Frequency (Interval) 4
M Bourdon gauge calibration procedure failure ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
Ed Panek Calibration question Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
S Calibration/Worn gages Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
A Settings rings calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R 7.1.5.2 -- Calibration AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
C CALIBRATION CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
S Calibration Label issues General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 14
H Calibration / Capability in a PCP FMEA and Control Plans 1
R First Time Managing Calibration and Measurement System. Need Help. General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 19
M CE marked medical device - do they need UKAS certified calibration provider ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
JDJohnson Micrometer & Caliper Calibration (ISO-9001) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 26
B Precision Current Loop for Current Probe Calibration Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
Strange Juan Freezers fridges Incubators Calibration Labels General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
D Tolerance and MPEs for Re-calibration Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
D ISO 9001:2015 Calibration Procedures Manufacturing and Related Processes 16
G Calibration of Angle microscope stage micrometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
K END CALIBRATION CANNOT BE PERFORMED Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
C Gage Block Grade 1 - Calibration Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 15
JoeRandom11 Question of Calibration Cycles AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
placebo_master What is the difference between "Fitness for Purpose" and "Calibration/Verification"? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
G AMS 2750 F Instrument Calibration Results and Recording AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
Q Gage calibration in disarray ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
R GearBox Test Bench Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
Q Internal calibration (stopwatch) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
D Is calibration really required? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
B AS9100 Calibration Register AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
N Misc Calibration Standard Inquiry Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
G IATF 7.1.5.2.1 Calibration/verification records :Program/software verification IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
J What risk to cover when NOT using ISO 17025 accredited/certified labs for calibration ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
Moncia ISO 9001 calibration question please ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
CaliperJim Double Ended Thread Plug Gauge Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
R Calibration due dates. Using GAGEpack Software 3
B Calibration Tolerances - Pipettes ISO 8655 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
A Calibration of spring loaded test fixture General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
G Adjustments after calibration ISO 17025 related Discussions 11