AS9100 7.5.1.F and 7.5.1 G Intent - Control of Production and Service Provision

B

bigbirdy

Hi! Guys,

I am wondering if somebody could explain the intent of 7.5.1 ( Control of production and service provision) clauses f and g ? Also, How do you audit planning .

Thanks a Lot

Big Birdy:)

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: 7.5.1.F and 7.5.1 G Intent - Control of Production and Service Provision

Help anyone?

Thank you!!

Stijloor.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

Another quick "Bump". Can anyone help with this? My thanks in advance!

T

TrishDish

My company received an audit finding last week during an annual customer audit of our system. The auditor reviewed 5 completed job traveler packages and noticed that on some of them the physical count recorded at various operations did not match the original planned count (it was more). At the final operation there was an accounting of all the produced pieces, example - 10 pcs ordered by the customer, 12 pcs made, in the end 10 pcs sent to the customer and 2 pcs sent to stock. However, when the "extra" pcs were made early on in the production process the auditor saw no statement of rationale for the overage pcs from the original order and therefore gave us a finding against the requirement in AS9100C, 7.5.1, g). I gathered the auditor wanted to see the original count lined out on every single follow on operation.
Does anyone out there think this requirement might have been misinterpreted by the auditor or have some recommendations on how to resolve our issue? If the original planning called for, say 10, and along the way additional parts were fabricated and recorded on the job traveler, why would it be necessary to go through the entire paperwork traveler and "correct" the original job count?
Help! and thank you in advance

J

Jason PCSwitches

My company received an audit finding last week during an annual customer audit of our system. The auditor reviewed 5 completed job traveler packages and noticed that on some of them the physical count recorded at various operations did not match the original planned count (it was more). At the final operation there was an accounting of all the produced pieces, example - 10 pcs ordered by the customer, 12 pcs made, in the end 10 pcs sent to the customer and 2 pcs sent to stock. However, when the "extra" pcs were made early on in the production process the auditor saw no statement of rationale for the overage pcs from the original order and therefore gave us a finding against the requirement in AS9100C, 7.5.1, g). I gathered the auditor wanted to see the original count lined out on every single follow on operation.
Does anyone out there think this requirement might have been misinterpreted by the auditor or have some recommendations on how to resolve our issue? If the original planning called for, say 10, and along the way additional parts were fabricated and recorded on the job traveler, why would it be necessary to go through the entire paperwork traveler and "correct" the original job count?
Help! and thank you in advance

I'm curious as to how you responded in the auditors presence?

You state that everything was recorded on the traveler, which if so is accountability and satisfies "f". As far as building the extra 2 pcs. what was the purpose? You don't need to justify building extra pcs., though it would be wise if this is a standard practice to have something in your procedures that makes a reference to excess production.

Some might say that the w/o was for 10 pcs. and you made more than that so you didn't conform to plan arrangement's. That's desk-jockey thinking in my book. Often times a certain % of an order is overrun to allow for any fallout or safety stock. Again, I would review the process and determine if this was isolated or standard practice.

As long as you have traceability & everything is documented I don't see an issue. Maybe he didn't like your coffee!!

Big Jim

Admin

I also don't see anything wrong with your approach. I don't see how 7.5.1 f even fits the scenario. It sounds like you have accounted for all product during production. You made two extra parts and you kept a record of it.

You should challenge this finding. If nothing else you will get a better explanation (although I don't see how).

One very good reason for challenging bad findings is that it is very hard to come up with an appropriate root cause and corrective action when you can see no value or benefit to the exercise. You could end up getting dinged for an ineffective response because you can't see how to get an effective one.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions

Hi! Guys,

I am wondering if somebody could explain the intent of 7.5.1 ( Control of production and service provision) clauses f and g ? Also, How do you audit planning .

Thanks a Lot

Big Birdy:)

If you could provide a scenario to identify the actual question that you are facing - then a more precise answer or explanation can be provided.

Auditing Planning is part of the process approach - Planning could mean different items to different company and how they approach it. Most companies are using the process approach (inputs / outputs) and the requirements of the standard.

B

bigbirdy

I just want to get some ideas, what questions to ask and what other areas I need to look to satisy this requirement.

Thank you very much for all the help!!

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
Some things you can check for:

See if quality control stamps or signoffs were noted in the appropriate areas on each of the sampled WO’s.

See if acknowledgement and sign off of part qty’s and non-conforming product were noted on the sampled work orders on the floor.

Are individual parts required to make up the assembly attached in the work order? Are any required batch numbers present? Is there WO traceability for parts on pick lists?

Ensure that any required split work order and non-conformance instructions are available.

Item f) reinforces an earlier requirement covered in Subclause 7.2.1 a) and asks you to control the implementation of release for delivery and post-delivery activities, as well as the release activities for the products/services you are selling.

Last edited:
D

dbaca0903

We recently had a customer come to our facility and perform a product audit. Everything went well, but he wrote us up for 7.5.1g. My issue is that he calls out the example in the section. He was hung up on split orders in particular. We maintain product accountability throughout the entire process, but because we didn't have anything about split orders, he wrote up a SCAR. Is it correct to write up a corrective action siting an example?

Top Bottom