AS9100 8.4.3 Supplier Terms and Conditions

Omar V

Registered
Hello, long time lurker first post.

I'm having trouble trying to flow down the 8.4.3 requirements to suppliers. I flow them down using T&C (S clauses) and mention it on our P.O. I'm stuck having to flow them down to lets say Mcmaster Carr (Large distributor). I have them on my approved suppliers list because we use their hardware on our final product. They have no way to accept terms, and I'm not too sure if omitting them on a procedure will go against the standard. How do you guys handle your hardware suppliers? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
They have no way to accept terms, and I'm not too sure if omitting them on a procedure will go against the standard.
Please be specific. What requirements they can’t accept? What kind of hardware are you referring to? Details DO MATTER so meaningful responses are viable.

Omar V

Registered
Please be specific. What requirements they can’t accept? What kind of hardware are you referring to? Details DO MATTER so meaningful responses are viable.
-
We buy screws (8-32, 4-40, 6-32 etc.) and magnets from Mcmaster Carr (As example) and other large distributors that end up in our final product. How do I flow down requirements to a major distributor who wont look at T&C when the items are just off the shelf. We do get a certificate of conformance though, but I cannot expect them to give me right of access or to have QMS awareness, record retention, etc. Im essentially not flowing anything down because we just purchase online, even though they are critical to our final product.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
8.4.3 reads: "...The organization shall communicate to external providers its requirements for:..." So, unless you have a customer mandating some specific flowdowns, it is up to you to determine WHAT REQUIREMENTS you will invoke to hardware distributors.

Top Bottom