AS9100 clause

Louise.Parker

Starting to get Involved
Does this go against any AS9100 clause and if so which one?
Concern: 2 gage ID used for dimensional verification on inspection device were not included in a dimensional report. My concern is if either of these gages come back from calibration as failed how would we know when it was used to determine what material is suspect if gage ID are not captured?
My previous company we followed AIAG rules and our internal process required it, but does this go against any AS9100 clause and if so which one is it most applicable?

Louise.Parker

Starting to get Involved
Great,
Thanks for the quick response.
My next question is we stated in our SOP we would use a specific form for dimensional reports, we didn't use that form, but manually entered the results within gage tracking, what AS9100 clause did we fail to meet by not using a form we said we would?

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
My next question is we stated in our SOP we would use a specific form for dimensional reports, we didn't use that form, but manually entered the results within gage tracking, what AS9100 clause did we fail to meet by not using a form we said we would?

Is this for an internal finding?

If so, don't worry about AS9100. Write the finding referencing the SOP requirement that was violated.

During an external audit, the requirements include AS9100, Customer, Statutory & Regulatory, as well as the organization's own requirements.

Outside of that, AS9100 has 7.3 Awareness, where "he organization shall ensure that persons doing work under the organization’s control are aware of: relevant quality management system documented information and changes thereto;

7.5.3.1 Documented information required by the quality management system and by this International Standard shall be controlled to ensure: it is available and suitable for use, where and when it is needed;

Was the document not adequate?

8.1 The organization shall plan, implement, and control the processes (see 4.4) needed to meet the requirements for the provision of products and services, and to implement the actions determined in clause 6, by: implementing control of the processes in accordance with the criteria;

Are adequate controls implemented to avoid the risk of using incorrect documents? (Training, review of documents prior to release, adequate doc control)?

8.5.1 Control of Production and Service Provision
The organization shall implement production and service provision under controlled conditions.
the availability of documented information that defines:
1. the characteristics of the products to be produced, the services to be provided, or the activities to be performed;
2. the results to be achieved;

How was the process controlled to ensure the correct documents would be used?

I think there are more requirements that are in the standard that may apply to this situation, but, the question is if the finding is written up using AS9100 as the requirement, will the buy in be greater or lesser than describing it as a violation to internal requirement?

Top Bottom