AS9100 Lead Auditor Requirements

J

JoeQNovice

I thank you for your reply. I believe you and can not imagine what value would be added by "Cert" to my abilities to audit and understand the Standard. Someone has suggested that maybe it's a Boeing or Lockheed requirement that has been flowed down through their suply chain. I looked at their websites but am unconvinced... Although I do not have true "supplier access" rights to their sites... What do you think?

Joe

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
What do you think?
At the risk of repeating myself ad nauseum, until someone SHOWS you such requirement, somewhere, it is just an innuendo.

Who is telling you that? In a tactful and diplomatic manner (as auditors should always do :tg:), tell him/her: unless you are able to produce objective evidence of the requirement in question, I will proceed under the understanding that such requirement is just a figment of someone's imagination and any attempt to comply with an imaginary requirement would only adversely affect our financial results, without an associated return on the investment....or you can try this slightly less subtle approach: knuckle-head, put up or shut up:mad:!

D

dszeredi

I just wanted to say that Sidney is absolutely right in his interpretation for AS9100. As for why this rumour persists, it might come from the automotive industry and the old QS9000, the new TS16946 and the related Customer Specific Requirements from Ford, GM and Chrysler. I tend to find when auditors audit multiple standards sometimes they get mixed up as to which standard or specification the requirement came from. As such, they inadvertently ask for things that are not required by that specific standard. Anyways, I hope this helps.:)

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
I have attached the 2002 version of the RABQSA requirments and it may be out of date. I'm in an airport and I don't have time to go fishing for ya...
Definitely out of date. The requirements were extensively changed toward the end of 2004, and have been changed several times since then as well.

As to the training....You must take and successfully pass an accredited AS9100 Lead Auditor course....and I know who can give you that training if you ask;)
I assume you are talking about me? ;)

I am a little confused and was hoping someone could clear up a debate that has started in my shop. I was trained to be an internal auditor for ISO 9001, ISO 13485, ISO 17025 and AS9100 over the years. I have implemented ISO systems, performed audits and trained internal auditors in all of these ares, as well. I never took a RAB or ANAB course - I was trained internally. I have certs from my instructors, but none claim to be ANAB etc. trained themselves.... I was just told that I am not qualified to audit AS9100 because you MUST have have a certification from an accredited training organization (ie ANSI-RAB or ANAB or such) is this true? I don't want the registrar coming in and disqualifying the validity of our audits because I am not "certified" (although I have performed about 50 AS9100 internal audits in the last 10 years...) HELP!

Joe
I agree with what Sidney said. There is no requirement for an internal auditor to have any kind of certification. The basic requirement is competence.

:topic:
BTW, ANAB does not certify auditors at all, and ANSI-RAB no longer exists. In the USA, RABQSA does auditor certification.

P

Phiobi

I am in the middle of my AS9100 rev C training, is or has anybody else completed it? I'm loving it, bloody hard work at times though... I can name a great company in the UK providing lead auditor training to AS9100 rev C (IRCA) I am very impressed, 3 days in :)

P

Phiobi

Lead auditor to rev c. It's really good, but loads of "out of class work"!

P

Phiobi

Tec transnational and irca. Interesting thing is that ads/sbac are also assessing the course this week. Great insight!

Top Bottom