AS9100 Re-certification Audit - Which Revision?

Q

qarep

Members,

MY organization is due for re-certification audit of AS9100 Rev C in February 2018. I understand since AS9100 new revision is released and one of the milestone date is after June 2017, all audits shall be with reference to new release. I'm not sure if the re-certification audit shall be as per AS9100 Rev C or Rev D standard. Help !!!

2. Also Should I start modifying my existing documentation according to Rev D.

Appreciate and early response.

Thanks All

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Re-certification Audit AS9100

As I understand the rules, you will have to be audited to Rev D after June 2017. Rev C. will no longer be valid after Sept 2018.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Re-certification Audit AS9100

Members,

MY organization is due for re-certification audit of AS9100 Rev C in February 2018. I understand since AS9100 new revision is released and one of the milestone date is after June 2017, all audits shall be with reference to new release. I'm not sure if the re-certification audit shall be as per AS9100 Rev C or Rev D standard. Help !!!

2. Also Should I start modifying my existing documentation according to Rev D.

Appreciate and early response.

Thanks All

The recertification audit in 2018 shall be to Rev D. If you have a normal surveillance audit in early 2017, it could be to either C or D (your choice).

You should start updating your system to Rev D, but if you will still be audited to Rev C make sure any documentation you modify meets the requirements of both C and D. Otherwise it would be nonconforming until your system is certified to D

C

Concorde

Hi, yes to follow the others, it has to be a 9100:2016 (aka rev D) audit. The cb should have communicated with you by 1st December with their plans and you need to submit your plans for transition by 1st March 2017.

If it were me I would make sure the recertification is done at least 3 months prior to certificate expiry.

Top Bottom