Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

AS9100 Rev D Quality Manual Rewritten - Feedback Appreciated

Mjtaur

Starting to get Involved
I am working to add references in the QM to the different procedures that reflect the processes for each section. Possible idea was adding a list of "Relevant Documents" at the end of each section with procedures/processes/work instructions/forms that are created. Each of those would be Rev Controlled to ensure any changes are captured.
Did you find a resolution to this? I'm running into the same issue. We basically have "process mapping" similar to yours, but can't this be a "statement" in your QM that you are going to do? For instance, wouldn't the section of "Planning," Section 6 of the standard, be the place where this is actually addressed?

If the company's method of dealing with the element referenced is so simple that it can be summed up in a paragraph or two in the Quality Manual, AND you can prove it works that way, then you could just limit mention of it to a brief blurb in that section.

But if the process is sufficiently detailed that it has it's own supporting process document(s), then what I do is list them in a table at the end of that section. And I only reference them by document title/number, and I don't reference revisions there. That way you don't have to revise the quality manual every time you revise a process document.

Mike S.

An Early 'Cover'
Trusted
And I only reference them by document title/number, and I don't reference revisions there. That way you don't have to revise the quality manual every time you revise a process document.
Wherever you add procedure references, this part is important, or you will create a passel of non-value added work for yourself down the road.

J.Enger

Involved In Discussions
We passed our Stage II audit and received our certification on Feb 24, 2018. I ahve attached our current QMS Manual, as i rewrote it to use turtles (detailed).

Top Bottom