AS9100 Rev D Quality Manual Rewritten - Feedback Appreciated

M

Mjtaur

I am working to add references in the QM to the different procedures that reflect the processes for each section. Possible idea was adding a list of "Relevant Documents" at the end of each section with procedures/processes/work instructions/forms that are created. Each of those would be Rev Controlled to ensure any changes are captured.

Did you find a resolution to this? I'm running into the same issue. We basically have "process mapping" similar to yours, but can't this be a "statement" in your QM that you are going to do? For instance, wouldn't the section of "Planning," Section 6 of the standard, be the place where this is actually addressed?

normzone

Trusted Information Resource
If the company's method of dealing with the element referenced is so simple that it can be summed up in a paragraph or two in the Quality Manual, AND you can prove it works that way, then you could just limit mention of it to a brief blurb in that section.

But if the process is sufficiently detailed that it has it's own supporting process document(s), then what I do is list them in a table at the end of that section. And I only reference them by document title/number, and I don't reference revisions there. That way you don't have to revise the quality manual every time you revise a process document.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
And I only reference them by document title/number, and I don't reference revisions there. That way you don't have to revise the quality manual every time you revise a process document.

Wherever you add procedure references, this part is important, or you will create a passel of non-value added work for yourself down the road.

J.Enger

Involved In Discussions
We passed our Stage II audit and received our certification on Feb 24, 2018. I ahve attached our current QMS Manual, as i rewrote it to use turtles (detailed).

Top Bottom