AS9100 site specific certification question - Software company

D

danderson

I am in a position to get our software company certified in AS9100 (first time) which has been self-contained in the states with all departments reporting to a local General Manager. Other portions of the company are located in Europe (mainly CEO etc.) which have little input/impact on the way our work is performed. I had been planning for a site specific certification given the process already in place.

But an upcoming re-org will have Product Management, Program Management, Production Operation, etc departments reporting to Management in Europe. (Development/Test remain to report to local Management. With that does the scope of the certification move from a site specific to include the new re-org? Any info would be appreciated as to re-schedule upcoming audit.

Thanks,

Dave

B

BadgerMan

Since exclusions are limited to section 7 and your management is in Europe, separate certifications will most likely not be an option.

If I understand correctly, my thoughts are that you will have one certification specifying both the US and European locations (I am assuming there are only two?). It does not sound like you can certify the US location without including the European location, if that is where the management of the organization is based. I am basing my opinion on a comparison with my own organization where we have a central location with two satellite D&D offices.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

danderson

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the feedback. That was my thinking as well on the changes

Top Bottom